Principal Software Engineering Lead
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Azure Enterprise and Security is growing its backend service development team focused on providing industry leading solutions for firmware analysis across devices that form the intelligent edge, from IoT to servers. With our acquisition of ReFirm Labs (https://www.microsoft.com/security/blog/2021/06/02/microsoft-acquires-refirm-labs-to-enhance-iot-security/), we are building a new Azure-based end-to-end security service that will become a key piece in securing Microsoft customers from the chip to the cloud. We are looking for software engineering leader passionate in leading the team and project to fulfill our vision of providing a highly secure, scalable, modern day Azure service that can scale to the increasing volume of IoT firmware and rapidly evolving security landscape as new vulnerabilities are discovered.
In this Principal Software Engineering Lead role, you will be joining a team of highly technical engineers and world-class experts in firmware security. You will lead and be responsible for building a cloud service that incorporates recent advancements in security research. You will coach and lead an engineering team by creating clarity, leveraging your technical expertise to help them build the product the right way and generate energy with a bias towards action. As technical and project leader, you will influence our product technology roadmap aligning to our business goals. You will be part of a team that values team players and those who love to learn while having abundant opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- Lead the team to design, develop and deliver cloud software that achieves the security, availability, reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of a public cloud service
- Define project engineering plan, execute to deliver with focus on accountability, learning and quality
- Hire, mentor and grow the team members’ engineering culture and careers
- Guide the team to develop excellent engineering practices and ensure the product is compliant with security, privacy, accessibility and other compliance requirements
- Partner with product management, customers and other Microsoft teams to define requirements, develop a roadmap and scope project milestones
- Focus on diversity and inclusiveness to enable creative solutions to challenging problems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Support customers and live site in DevOps model
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of professional experience with Azure cloud service design, development and operation
- Strong hands-on design, coding, rapid prototyping and problem solving skills
- Track record of grasping new technologies and efficiently collaborating with cross-group partners
- Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create a supportive and inclusive work environment for career and personal development
- Experience in Azure cloud service technologies like Service Mesh, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure
- Container Instances, Azure Storage, operational monitoring and intelligence
- Thought leader with significant experience working with business decision makers
- Experience with building Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.