Software Engineering Lead - C++ developer tools
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Miami, Florida, Phoenix, Arizona, Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
At Microsoft our mission is to empower people to achieve more – and the Microsoft C++ language team delivers the tools to help make that happen.
Microsoft C++ Language group empowers a broad C++ ecosystem on multiple platforms and delivers fundamental improvements and innovations in solutions impacting millions of developers and billions of users. The tools we produce ship on a global scale to enable developers to build one of the most widely used and critical software platforms in the industry. We also partner internal to Microsoft with teams like Azure, Office 365, Windows, SQL, Bing to innovate and empower customers.
We are seeking an engineering manager to lead a team of C++ software engineers to develop complete package management solution to C++ customers in the world. vcpkg is a complete product that is developed entirely in the open and is a cross-platform dependency library management as well as asset artifact management solution for all C++ development. vcpkg has now about 2000 unique libraries with over 10,000 versions available for download and build for numerous target OSs and platforms. This repo is maintained by the Microsoft C++ team and open source contributors on GitHub.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role – either as people manager or technical lead
- 5+ years of development experience with C and C++ programming language
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in developing and contributing to open source projects
- Multiple years of any package and dependency management tool development experience
- Experience shipping production C++ tools
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience delivering production software
- Track record building high performance teams
- Experience creating and delivering on technology roadmaps
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.