Director of Retailer Sales
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
PromoteIQ (a division within Microsoft Advertising) provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance. Our team embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
Who We’re Looking For
PromoteQ is seeking an enterprise Sales Director to drive adoption of the PromoteIQ platform with top-100 retail customers. You will be building executive-level relationships and are comfortable aligning Retail Media offerings to customers’ needs. You are excellent at prospecting, qualifying, and leading a cross-functional team while leveraging the right resources to optimize outcomes. The ideal candidate will have experience with enterprise sales to large retail organizations and a strong consultative ability to understand and address the pain points of Fortune 100 retailers.
- Lead complex, technical sales cycle, end to end – from initial pitch through contract negotiation and deal closing
- Build consensus among senior retailer stakeholders (C-level; VP) and adapt the PromoteIQ value prop across multiple retailer teams – engaging Marketers, Merchants and digital Product owners
- Serve as strategic partner, advisor, and change agent to support retailers with comprehensive go-to-market and business planning expertise that leverages the full PromoteIQ organization
- Deepen PromoteIQ’s internal integrations and partnerships with Microsoft Advertising as well as Microsoft Cloud for Retail solutions, in order to unlock the peak potential of every retailer program
- 5+ years of experience selling Retail Media software, analytical tools, or applications, with a demonstrated track record in achieving goals
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in complex sales cycles, including Sales Engineering, Customer Success and Demand Generations teams
- Demonstrated success with complex commercial and legal negotiations working with retailer Procurement, Legal, and Business teams
- Work ethic predicated on customer obsession, craftsmanship, and a dynamic will to win in a competitive market environment
- Comprehensive understanding of Retail Media ecosystem and emerging trends
- Existing relationships with major US and Canadian retailers
- Understanding of broader Ad Tech ecosystem and major players
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.