Principal Fleet Hardware Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Sunnyvale, California, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high-energy engineers to help achieve that mission.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering (CHEE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
- Lead development and implementation of end to end debug solutions for @scale systems.
- Lead debug collaboration projects with hardware, firmware and software teams that drive root cause analysis.
- Accountable for leading debug forums and driving teams to meet debug KPIs.
- Provide technical recommendations on at scale debug technologies and methods for deploying them.
- Lead debug of complex problems based on technical and business understanding.
- Develop world class at scale debug methodologies, test strategies and test routines in data center solutions.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical debug services and build automation to drive debug efficiency.
- Use data to effectively communicate with partners and stakeholders progress on debug deliverables.
- 8+ years of experience of technical leadership as a platform or software lead debugger or design for debug architect or a lead debug engineer or equivalent industry debug leadership positions.
- Deep understanding of debug systems and methodologies used in modern computer architectures or System on Chip features like virtualization technologies or major architectural blocks like Memory Controllers or Central Processing Units or Storage or Networking solutions for Cloud or Datacenter infrastructures
- Capable of leading technical debug deep dives on potential software or hardware bugs in large scale datacenter infrastructure, cloud native systems, or virtualization technologies.
- Platform or system level debug and validation experience
- Data analytical skills- Knowing how to use large scale data and analytical tools.
- Excellent communication skills using various forms of media.
- Able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving Environment.
- Individual effectiveness skills such as discipline, time management, decision making, planning, and organizing work, summarizing results through technical reports
- Self-driven, self-motivated individual must be able work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and across the team of engineers.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.