Principal Technical Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission.
Microsoft Azure is experiencing explosive growth and innovation connecting people, services, and devices around the world. From cloud game streaming to data services, the hardware we design is fundamentally changing the data center and contributing to the success of millions of customers. The Azure Cloud Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering ﴾CHIE﴿ team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to support our organization by providing high-quality shared data services and products development.
The Principal Technical Program Manager will be a member of the org-wide data and tools team, reporting to the executive office of the VP, and requires someone who has a passion for developing deep data-driven insights and leveraging those insights to drive business impact. You will partner closely with a breadth of functionally diverse teams across CHIE, using your analytical, leadership, and communication skills to build and mature the data capabilities of our organization.
This role is up to 100% remote.
- Lead the program management of internal data quality, business intelligence, custom tools, and data science solutions for the business teams within CHIE.
- Onboard new data streams, metrics, and reporting capabilities.
- Integrate with our engineering partners to work on v-next versions of data and reporting products.
- Drive business value and impact using and improving upon in-house data solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Data Science, or equivalent experience with program management of data solutions.
- 7+ years of experience as a program manager or leading technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining team collaboration in work tracking systems (Azure DevOps, TFS, JIRA, etc.)
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Outstanding problem solving and leadership skills.
- Flexibility and works well in a virtual team environment.
- Background experience in any of the following domains, languages, or environments:
- Kusto (Azure Data Explorer).
- Azure DevOps.
- Python / R.
- Machine learning.
- Regression (inference); causal modeling / experiment design.
- Deploying solutions in Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Visualization frameworks, such as Altair, Plotly, ggplot2, D3.
- Knowledge of server hardware, quality testing, or manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical models.
The salary for this role in the state Colorado is between $171,200 and $256,800
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.