Sr. Quantum Systems Architect
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Quantum team is redefining what is possible with technology—creating unprecedented possibilities to solve humanity’s most complex challenges. Our team combines hardware innovation with software technologies and Azure services to build a scalable quantum computer in an industry-leading quantum ecosystem. Do you have a passion for science and technology? In this role, you are responsible for designing system architecture from low-level hardware to software and services. You’ll be collaborating across various disciplines and driving impact on an architecture that has never been built before.
As a Senior Quantum Systems Architect you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop new quantum applications and determine the quantum resources needed to execute them.
- Design the subsystems of the complex architecture of the quantum machine.
- Drive cross-group collaboration between hardware & software engineers, partnering closely to create industry-defining breakthroughs.
- Drive clarity out of ambiguity in a dynamic, developer environment.
- B.S. or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: quantum architecture, quantum algorithms, quantum error correction, quantum software, or simulation of quantum systems.
- Experience with applications of quantum computing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with strong communication and leadership skills.
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.