Principal Engineering Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The rapid growth of the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agent, Dataverse, Power BI), is fueled by organizations across the globe investing in leveraging low-code/no-code development models to accelerate their digital transformation ambitions. Power Platform is a strategic new growth area for Microsoft, but more importantly, it is a disruptor technology that is giving “Citizen access” to broader set of users in an enterprise, to create next generation of business productivity software via radically simplified experiences and without requiring extensive and costly training. It is transforming careers of ‘citizen developers’, making pro-developers far more productive and helping IT innovate at the pace that their businesses expect.
Are you interested in a technology start-up like environment, working with highly energetic team, and passionate about working on latest technologies on a platform where pro and citizen developers alike can collaborate on app development at scale to solve critical business problems? Do you want to be part of the journey to define the pro development strategy for the Power Platform? If so, then look no further than the Pro-dev and ISV experience Team!
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineering Manager to lead the Power Tools Team. The team creates cross platform experiences for pro developers to use Power Platform in their applications and collaborate with citizen developers across the entire development lifecycle transforming their productivity. Diversity is more than a commitment for us - it is the foundation of what we do. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members with many opportunities for learning and career growth. The ideal candidate will be a strong manager, be passionate about developers, be technically curious and deep, and be able to partner across Power Platform and Microsoft to create amazing experiences for our developers. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Lead and build a team of passionate engineers developing and coaching them to higher performance and engagement
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of Power Platform Development Tools for a vibrant community of developers
- 10+ years of software engineering industry experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience, planning, designing, implementing, and delivering large projects spanning multiple engineers as the primary owner
- 3+ years of experience leading high performing teams
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
- A demonstrated track record of excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience architecting, developing, debugging and maintaining highly reliable code
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.