Sr. Finance Manager - Azure Global Demand Center Revenue Team
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Come join a team at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud business! The Azure GDC revenue team is a part of the broader Cloud & AI Finance team and provide end to end financial analysis and reporting for the strategically important small and medium business segment and the Global Demand Center, Microsoft’s scale acquisition, integrated marketing, and customer lifecycle engine.
The team’s charter is to partner closely with marketing, digital sales and engineering to:
- Analyze the performance of revenue and key customer metrics across the Azure GDC space including the fast-growing web direct and partner businesses.
- Provide thought leadership and analysis for the digital sales motions supporting the web direct business
- Develop evaluation frameworks and trade-off decisions with the goal of business expansion. This includes analysis of ROI, customer lifetime value, and cost of acquisition for motions such as trials, account-based marketing, and digital sales as well as other customer nurture and partner-driven initiatives.
- Develop key metrics and business performance constructs for new and expanding areas of the business.
In this role you will:
- Join the fast growing and exciting commercial cloud business working across Azure and other products to support the efforts of the Global Demand Center.
- Build business knowledge on the key growth levers for GDC driven digital sales motions. Leverage knowledge to lead analytics efforts to provide insights on business execution and recommendations to accelerate growth and profitability.
- Build robust financial models and decision support frameworks to optimize customer acquisition, revenue growth, and profitability.
- Partner with others in stakeholder groups (marketing, sales, and other product finance teams) to land performance insights and new analytical constructs to evaluate business operations and financial performance.
- Communicate insights to key business partners and executives in a variety of forums.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Supports questions regarding documention, policy adherence, and requirements. Recommends approved instruments and processes. Remains current on all company policies and procedures and updates others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage competing projects/priorities in a dynamic fashion
- Polished interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.