Group Finance Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you obsessed with the Microsoft Customer Experience? Are you looking for ways to influence how our company interacts with millions of customers around the globe? Don’t look any further. This job opening in WW CSS Finance offers you the opportunity to work closely with Senior Leaders in CSS (Customer Service & Support) to influence the support experience across ALL Microsoft Customer Solution Areas.
CSS is comprised of resources providing professional support services across ALL Microsoft’s products in 191 countries and 46 different languages! The team manages over 10 billion interactions annually across commercial, consumers, advertisers, developers, and support partners. CSS costs impact every reporting segment of Microsoft, with regular cross-company collaboration with Corporate Finance, Engineering, Marketing, and Product Finance teams.
Join us as Group Finance Manager – CSS Finance, where you will lead a team and you will work together with your business partners in a dynamic and challenging environment. Success attributes critical to the role include:
- A passion to influence cross functional teams to drive the Business
- Commitment to build and drive an inclusive environment where people can do their best work
- Bias for action and ability to drive results through business partnership and influence
- Motivation to solve complex business issue and land scalable solutions to drive long term impact
- Effective collaboration and communication skills across teams at all levels of the organization
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Provides direction to key stakeholders with respect to financial management, resource prioritization and optimizing headcount. Creating decision frameworks to enable these conversations.
- Leads effort to work with business partners to translate top-down targets to an accountable budget and to generate operational plans and strategy to drive customer experience and efficiencies of the business. Leads annual planning and forecasting processes. Reviews, analyzes, and prepares recommendations for preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits from senior business stakeholders. Orchestrates the rhythm of the business for area of responsibility including budgeting and forecasting.
- Be a trusted advisor of the Leadership team, driving differentiated customer experiences. In liaison with your business partners, build and implement strategic initiatives as well as promoting sharing/adopting best practices.
- Provides financial perspective to senior business leaders to define and enable solutions in support of critical strategic and financial initiatives to maximize return on investment (ROI). Gains commitment with stakeholders to align strategy execution and mitigate risk.
- Understands the interconnections between analytics, information, and results and translates this into forward looking narratives and forecasts. Provides clarity and alignment with senior business leaders and engineering Finance. Implements creative ways to show patterns and draw conclusions to help drive decisions and clearly communicate findings.
Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 6+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or equivalent finance work experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience managing direct reports.
- 5+ years’ experience in multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles.
- 5+ years’ work experience in matrix-based organization.
- 5+ years’ work experience in the technology or software industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.