Cloud Solution Architecture Manager - App Innovation - Healthcare & Life Sciences
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Provides support and guidance for the team in gathering customer/partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs, competitive landscape), and mapping architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business outcomes. Represents the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner through escalation across internal teams and with customers, with emphasis on feedback/insights and removing blockers to accelerate value. Advocates for the customer/partner at all opportunities and shares customer and team member success stories with the wider internal team.
- Supports and guides team in developing and expanding existing impactful relationships with customer and partner architects and technical specialists, technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders. Understands how the team's work aligns with customer success plans and enables the team to meet customer/partner needs by partnering with the appropriate internal teams and aligning resources to deliver customer outcomes. Provides real-time coaching in live customer scenarios to improve team performance and gather insights across customer interactions. Builds a strong local relationship with peers by actively participating in account planning, consumption and support planning, and resource planning. Ensures employees are equipped with the capabilities and means to support customer skilling and ensure customer readiness by facilitating technical discussions and enabling operational health and cloud readiness.
- Coaches team members to focus on customer/partner experience through efficient delivery. Supports team to clearly define customer/partner conditions of success. Drives customer health within the territory and accelerates unified support contract coverage where applicable. Anticipates customer dissatisfaction and unmet needs and oversees execution of strategies to improve experience, value realization, and acceleration of customer transformation. Leads delivery across customers/partners. Supports the creation of strategies that improve customer/partner experience.
- Actively listens and respectfully challenges customers, partners, and internal stakeholders, presents insights and alternatives, and acts as a catalyst to create constructive tension with the customer and add value in conversations. Guides team to execute customer/partner engagements leveraging the challenger mindset.
- Drives adherence to Microsoft standards and recommended practices by setting expectations for the team around methodology and governance to ensure that the team identifies, communicates, and minimizes business and technical risks. Ensures governance of technical work, including robust architectures that are validated and delivered in line with best practices. Ensures that teams leverage standard tools to maintain engagement hygiene.
- Drives the team to apply business and technical capabilities in customer/partner relationships to anticipate, identify, escalate, and work to resolve technical blockers to accelerate consumption, solution implementations and customer outcomes. Coaches team on best practices for handling escalations.
- Manages the business (e.g., scorecards, forecasting) by delivering against team targets, achieving business metrics, and ensuring the team delivers on Microsoft's Customer Promise. Holds team accountable for proactively using knowledge of the products, services, and value propositions of Microsoft and its competitors in customer/partner conversations to identify growth opportunities based on knowledge of customer/partner needs. Coaches direct reports to lead solution design, resilience reviews, and technical optimization that results in production deployment application and that increases customer/partner usage, consumption, and target metrics. Works across teams to seek out and leverage Microsoft insights that strengthen and fuel new commercial growth and consumption.
- Provides team with a holistic perspective of customer/partner challenges and competitor architectures to allow team members to engage with customers/partners, demonstrate Microsoft's value, and develop counter strategy.
- Fosters a continuous technical self-learning culture and community sharing of stories by encouraging and empowering the team to share learnings, and by establishing a cadence (e.g., internal technical brainstorming calls, presenting latest challenges in staff meetings) to calibrate on challenges and trends that impact the team. Enables others to learn new technologies or services relevant to their market and the customers they are addressing. Role models effective technical readiness. Fosters team participation in development opportunities (e.g., Ready, Build, Ignite). In partnership with learning lead, removes blockers to support the local individual contributor community.
- Models how to engage constructively and transparently with the local technical and/or business community. Participates in management communities (e.g., manager excellence community) to evolve adaptive engines of change and foster a culture of fast and effective learning at all levels. Provides coaching to enable the team to share their ideas, insights, and strategic technical input with technical teams, internal communities across the field, and the larger virtual team across Microsoft. Fosters collaboration across teams (e.g., account teams, product teams) and solution area communities. Facilitates team participation in external technical community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons).
- Accelerates innovation by coaching teams on building and/or modifying intellectual properties (IPs) rooted in domain expertise and/or industry acumen. Helps aggregate customer/partner/market insights and trends to generate new ideas for changes and improvements to existing IP, technologies, and processes for designated customers/partners, and drives opportunities for IP reuse.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Liberal Arts, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Liberal Arts, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 4+ years experience leading technical projects, teams, or functions.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications).
1+ year(s) people management experience.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is from $129,800 and $194,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. #AIFY23H1