Senior Concept Artist – Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Turn 10 Studios, creators of the award-winning Forza franchise based in Redmond, WA, are looking for the right person to join our high-caliber team. At Turn 10 we make genre-leading racing games for Xbox and Windows that are known for consistent quality, innovation, and authenticity. Our vision is to grow Forza into the world’s leading brand for automotive entertainment. Come play a key role on our team and help us achieve this ambitious goal.
We're seeking a Senior Concept Artist to join our team.
This job involves leveraging advanced artistic abilities to design solutions for a broad host of visual needs, such as: environments, characters, automotive livery and product designs.
- Ability to create and execute high quality concept design work consistent with the direction provided by the Concept Lead and Art Director
- Create inspirational digital paintings that communicate mood, tone, and direction
- Aid multiple departments in problem solving for various visual/graphical needs
- Ability to quickly learn basics of proprietary tool sets for in-house engine and technologies
- Effectively manage multiple assignments with varying end dates simultaneously
- Collaborate with all members of the Concept depart including sharing ideas, receiving and providing critique, and mentorship (when practical)
- 4+ years Concept artist role or similar on AAA titles or in film
- Strong understanding of visual story-telling and composition
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- 3D modeling, 3D painting (Substance Painter), Adobe After Effects experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Up to date with the latest concept production techniques (utilizing 3D models and photo manipulation, etc)
- BA or BFA in Fine Art, Concept Art, or related
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.