WW Industry Specialist Sales Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Bellevue, Washington, Los Angeles, California, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Our Device Partner Solutions Sales team is seeking an entrepreneurial, revenue-driven, collaborative sales leader to build industry drive device opportunities, position the business for significant value creation, increase market share, and long-term growth for device partners.
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role as part of the Global Partner Solutions organization to achieve Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We build, market, and sell edge and cloud devices and solutions with our broad partner ecosystem that includes OEMs, IoT and Mixed Reality device manufacturers, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to innovate with device partners, transform how we sell devices and services with partners and build devices that consume our cloud.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners engage consumers, students, and businesses worldwide. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business and helping to identify new areas of innovation. You will also join a people-first culture with values that support a growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) mission is to maximize the intelligent edge & intelligent cloud opportunity with device builders and device channel partners, while delivering world class partner experiences and sales & marketing execution across the device partner ecosystem. We drive growth and transformation of the 3rd party device partner ecosystem and drive partner’s devices sales & solutions across the company and through all customer segments and industries. We are trusted advisors to the different engineering and marketing groups, and Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS). Through a deep understanding of the device business, local market insights, competitive landscape, partner ecosystem & associated trends and business models, lead as ‘One Microsoft’ to enable device + services innovation.
The Industry Specialist Sales Manager role is key to the Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) Partner Strategy and will lead the efforts to build, market and accelerate 3rd party and IoT device sales in targeted Industry verticals. In your role, you will oversee create partner led co-sell sales motions and execute them with partners across regions helping us light up Microsoft solutions and win against the competition. The Industry Specialist Sales Manager role is expected to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the market for targeted Industry verticals, deep understanding of the partners’ business and channels they sell through, and Microsoft products/value and drive end to end relationship, structured partner account management rhythm and pipeline management.
This role will require some travel to maintain an ongoing relationship with the partner(s) and to several industry /internal team events, providing strategic leadership and operational support and expertise to drive and execute the Microsoft Strategy across all levels of the partner’s organization.
#MSFTGPS, #MSFTDPS, #MSFTDPSS
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Partner with Portfolio Solution & Marketing teams to identify market opportunities based on industry gaps and emerging trends in solution/product areas. Leverage internal competitive intelligence to identify opportunities aligned with business goals. Leverage Industry insights and knowledge to resolve customer issues that can be packaged for reuse by other stakeholders.
- Partner with Portfolio Solution & Marketing teams, to create the DPSS Industry vision and strategy aligned to each customer segment to elevate the relevance of the Microsoft solutions vs. key competitors. Create differentiation of industry solutions for the specific regions for targeted partner led co-sell go to market. Share market opportunities to help regional teams' narrow gaps in their partners strategy for sales and account leads to address.
- Drive key stakeholder alignment across Corp HQ teams to clearly articulate the value proposition of our solutions to the partner's business goals. Own direct engagement with WW Industry Leads to drive partner led demand response.
- Develop regional execution models to effectively scale existing and introduce new sales and delivery concepts across prioritized Partners and target customer segments. Ensure successful landing of solution strategies across the regions, including but not limited to co-creating readiness asset creation, hosting virtual readiness training to internal sellers, and partner readiness events.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize synergy across Industry Solutions org via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- Bring regional voice of customer/voice of partner feedback on what is working, what is not working and update Industry portfolio.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent: recruit Partner Industry Leads for Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Smart Places, Energy, Auto, Transportation & Sustainability.
Industry Solutions Sales
- Engage in conversations with partners/customers to introduce how workloads could enable digital transformation areas that is aligned with the partner’s industry and Microsoft solution areas.
- Collaborates with team members to discover new opportunities to drives incremental revenue growth aligned to Industry initiatives, marketing campaigns or internal sources, or directly with the account teams, partners, or services to build qualified pipeline, interfacing with customers to build relationships or via social selling.
- Identifies partners business needs and technical readiness related to industry priority scenarios. Collaborates with internal teams, partners, and services to propose prioritized solutions that align with customers' needs. Leverages the value propositions to communicate business impact of proposed solutions. Listens to customers to understand business outcomes.
- Develop an understanding of external stakeholders' mapping, including key decision makers and influencers. Participates with account teams in communication with business or subject matter decision makers at the partner's business.
- Implement strategies to help accelerate the closing of deals in collaboration with other team members. Implements closing plans (e.g., how to map timeline, engage the customer, get customer buy-in and commitment) to de-risk and drive predictable deal closure rates.
- Support sales sell-thru advising device partner leadership on building a high-impact industry outcome.
- Helps lead the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business as it relates to industry and sell-thru motions.
Partner Sales and Consumption
- Possesses a challenger sales mindset and begin to apply this in interactions with partners. Orchestrates reviews of partner’s pipeline, top deals, and revenue targets with regional sellers.
- Coaches’ regional sales lead on top deals and ensure close alignment between the partners sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams. Supports the regional sales leads on how to overcome obstacles, compete, create deal proposals, etc. as it relates to industry sell-thru.
- 7+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- Industry knowledge in one or more priority industries: Healthcare/Life Sciences, Retail, Energy and Manufacturing.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 9+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR Master's Degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- 6+ years of solution or services sales experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.