Business Applications Sales Executive
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
The reinvention of business processes is a growth engine for Microsoft cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
You will be a business process transformation leader within the Microsoft specialist sales organization. You will engage C-Suite executives and Business Decision Makers from our top customers and help them achieve their business goals by bringing industry-relevant and business value insights and envisioning solutions that successfully enable their end-to-end business transformation. You will lead the entire solution sales process and bring experts, partners, and other resources to ensure a successful customer outcome. You will learn how Microsoft is changing the way companies do business and how to accelerate innovation and empower the success of our customers.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Business Applications Sales Executive professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States, including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Business Applications Sales Executive:
Account Planning and CXO/BDM Engagement with Industry Expertise
- Deliver quality account and quota retirement territory plans.
- Drive BDM/CXO connections/engagements with Business Value Insights aligned to industry-relevant connected use cases.
- Build & maintain 3x qualified pipeline coverage by translating BDM priorities to initiatives.
Best-in-class Business Value Selling
- Lead customer Envisioning in each opportunity, yielding output of customer agreed business challenges, prioritized with business value and v-team accountabilities.
- Deliver compelling board-level proposals with commercial options aligned to customer transformation plan and business value.
- Create business outcome and industry thought leadership customer stories and references.
Next Generation Sales Execution Excellence
- Usage of digital-first seller tools to identify and grow opportunities in partnership with the Digital Sales Representative (DSR) focused on qualified pipeline and opportunities.
- Orchestrate the sales process and customer journey leveraging the Microsoft Customer Engagement Methodology to increase win rates and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage the Microsoft partner ecosystem to scale and complement solution selling.
- 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 4+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- Experience with selling CRM/ERP or similar software-as-a-service, cloud-based business applications to large enterprise accounts exceeding sales targets.
- Broad understanding of commercial cloud offerings, ideally including Microsoft’s cloud platform, as well as competitors and related ecosystems.
- Industry expertise in any of the following: Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, High-Tech, Automotive, Oil/Gas, or Government.
- Experience forecasting, developing demand and building pipeline, and leading/orchestrating complex, matrixed teams.
- Problem solving and ability to work collaboratively in rapidly changing, environment effectively managing ambiguity.
- Ability to assess strategic customer objectives, digital transformation opportunity discovery, and measure and present incremental and new economic value from solutions proposed.
- Deal crafting, negotiating terms and contracts for multimillion-dollar digital transformation initiatives.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $103,500 to $180,300.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.