Sales Specialist - Data & AI
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
As a Sales Specialist - Data & AI you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly Data & AI revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts.
You will be a trusted advisor and an Analytics, Data & AI subject matter expert with core capability and expertise in Data Modernization, Analytics and AI. You will work with customers to leverage data to help them achieve their business priorities and help guide customer’s journey through Analytics-led Azure Data transformation. You will help customers evaluate their applications and business requirements, recommend solutions that meet their requirements and demonstrate these solutions to win the technical decision.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are currently looking for Sales Specialist - Data & AI professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States, including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
- Engages in conversation with customers aligned to their industry and collaborates with account and partner team to drive and qualify new opportunities and build pipeline. Initiates conversations with customers on digital transformation in one or more solution areas in collaboration with partners and services. Drives incremental revenue growth through personal campaigns or internal sources.
- Identifies customer business and technology readiness, proactively builds external stakeholders' mapping, implements strategies to accelerate the closing of deals, contributes input on strategies to drive and close prioritized opportunities, coaches junior team members in deal plan execution, and implements close plans.
- Introduces how other workloads could enable digital transformation areas that are aligned with the customer's industry and turns opportunities into deals.
Scaling and Collaboration
- Collaborates with Global Partner Solutions (GPS) and with a network of partners to cross-sell and up-sell. Identifies new partners by researching and discussing with partners on customer scenarios. Develops joint proposal with partners. Contributes to developing partner strategies to address gaps in partner capabilities.
- Applies role orchestration model and navigates the Microsoft organization to bring the best impact to the customer.
- Leads conversations and sets up events within Microsoft, mentors others and develops strategies for best practice sharing
- Initiates conversations with prospective customers/partners at events to expand external network. Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more solution area(s).
- Collaborates with partners and internal eco systems to analyze competitor products, solutions, and/or services and implement strategies.
- Translates complex technology concepts into business value to customer c-level executives. Builds business cases that quantify the value for the customers.
- Collaborates with partners and resources and leverages customer insights or industry knowledge. Contributes to exploring business and emerging opportunities to optimize the portfolio and support customer innovation.
- Reviews feedback report and coaches others on ensuring customer/partner satisfaction and decreasing dissatisfaction by establishing recovery action plans to improve clients' overall experience. Manages and/or orchestrates sales and delivery success through the account team and pursuit team.
- Delivers Results Through Teamwork- Drives the execution of projects, partners and collaborates with other teams on related deliverables, and leverages others in relevant work streams.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders on business planning. Establishes recovery action plans to improve clients' overall experience, orchestrates sales and delivery success through the account and pursuit teams, and drives intentional selling aligned with strategic priorities
- 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 4+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- Data & AI Platform. Understanding of Microsoft Azure Data & AI products. The position requires the ability to articulate and demonstrate the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors.
- Expertise in two or more data estate workloads like Microsoft’s Data & AI Platform (Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, CosmosDB, Azure SQL, HDInsight, etc.), AWS (Redshift, Aurora, Glue), Google (BigQuery), MongoDB, Cassandra, Snowflake, Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza, SAP (HANA, BW), Apache Hadoop & Spark, MapR, Cloudera/Hortonworks, etc.
- Certifications with Azure Data Engineer, Azure AI Engineer or equivalent industry certifications.
- Account Management.Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
- Problem Solver.Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence.
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements especially those involving Strategic Analytics & AI solutions, Data Platform modernization and migration and related
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Competitive Landscape.Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape.
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $103,500 to $180,300.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.