Customer Success Manager - Modern Work
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
As a Customer Success Manager - Modern Work, you will enable customers to achieve their business outcomes, based on their investments in Microsoft technologies. Leveraging your knowledge of the M365 Enterprise services and technical subject matter expertise in Unified Communications, you will lead business & technical conversations with customers to identify opportunities and remove critical blockers to the success of their technology projects. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your consultative, technical and collaboration skills, and deepening your expertise.
As a Customer Success Manager - Modern Work you will specialize in one or more of the following categories: Modern Work and/or Converged Communications.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Customer Success Manager - Modern Work professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States, including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Manager (CSM) to drive usage and consumption of customer-owned workloads. This is a customer-facing role; CSMs are expected to own business & technical relationships and customer engagements.
The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with end-customers and in-depth knowledge of productivity/collaboration solutions (Microsoft and/or competitors). Microsoft CSMs work to map business scenarios to technical solutions, understanding and translating customer priorities to desired outcomes, and orchestrating resources to enable the customers’ digital journey.
CSM’s business & technical credibility enables customers to derive value from the solutions they have purchased, driving consumption of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams workloads, with focus on Teams as a Platform, Viva, and Teams Phone (for Modern work) or Teams Phone with calling plans and Teams Rooms (for Converged Communications).
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving Intent for Consumption: Actively engage with business and technical decision makers to drive intent for consumption of customer-owned Modern Work workloads.
Guiding Customer Success Strategy: Engage and influence customers’ business and technical decision makers by providing feedback and insights to assist customers in realizing their digital and business transformational outcomes. Actively listen and respectfully challenge customers to drive the “best” outcomes.
- Driving Consumption:
- For Modern Work: Develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by working with customers to ensure they understand Microsoft's Employee Experience & Teams Platform, Teams Phone value proposition.
- For Converged Communications: Develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by working with customers to ensure they understand Microsoft's Teams Phone & Teams Rooms value proposition. Provide technical implementation guidance driving consumption and active usage of the solution.
- Customer Trust and Advocacy: Act as the voice of the customer internally, leveraging internal teams to capture feedback, remove blockers, surface insights, and align resources. Provide action based on feedback and advocate on the customer's behalf to drive resolutions.
- Technical Development: Demonstrate Self-Learner mindset through continuous alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and Customer Success goals.
- Operations and Execution Excellence: Manage operational excellence and customer health by ensuring consumption process compliance and managing pipeline. Provide regular updates to account and regional stakeholders on customers' transformation initiatives. Meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators and targets set.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field AND 4+ years related work experience (e.g., consulting, pre-sales/post-sales, business analysis, technical sales, technology solutions, change management).
- OR Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field AND 3+ years related work experience (e.g., consulting, pre-sales/post-sales, business analysis, technical sales, technology solutions, change management).
- OR equivalent experience.
- Customer Success: Experience in Customer Success for productivity, employee experience solutions, and business process transformation platforms. Strong technical aptitude, and desire to work with both business and IT stakeholders.
- Executive Stakeholder value: Experience in building and maintaining executive-level stakeholder relationships and leading value proposition conversation aligned to customer priorities and outcomes. Ability to interpret and dissect the industry and business priorities of customers to identify and articulate the associated business value of digital transformation.
- Business Process Analysis: Depict customer business processes and prepare for the analysis and improvement of business process performance. Articulate, demo, and present complex customer concepts to varying audiences such as BDMs (Business Decision Makers) & ITDMs (Information Technology Decision Makers).
- Territory & Consumption Mgmt: Experienced in territory consumption management, opportunity qualification, stakeholder communication, and partner engagement including, opportunity and pipeline mgmt. Experience in ensuring customers realize value by consuming technology and services investments.
- Collaboration & Community Engagement: Experienced in orchestrating and leading virtual teams to develop and drive consumption opportunities through influence. Identify and document consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success at other clients and with other accounts teams.
- Journey Mapping skills: Be the Employee Experience, Teams Platform, Teams Frontline OR Teams Phone & Teams Rooms consumption subject matter expert with the ability to design customer solutions, lead presentations, demonstrations, and design thinking workshops with both BDMs and ITDMs.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $96,000 to $194,800.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.