Sales Specialist - Modern Work
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired to help customers empower their employees, maximize the employee experience, and do great work using the devices and apps they love? We are looking for someone to help customers who are undergoing significant changes to the way they work as we continue to shift into a truly hybrid work model. Microsoft is at the forefront of this transformation come and help organizations rethink aspects of their business in a way that sets them and their people up for success in this new world of work.
In the MW Specialists team we are looking for passionate, experienced, and credible specialist sellers with a drive for developing and winning strategic opportunities that deliver end-to-end Modern Work thought leadership driving significant customer value and enabling transformational customer outcomes. As a MW Specialist you will build digital transformation modern work strategies with customers, collaborating across different groups inside the Customer environment to successfully enable customers to drive transition to Digital transformation in a hybrid work environment. You will lead consultative customer conversations and collaborate on the planning, orchestration and execution of end-to-end Frontline worker, employee experience, Teams Rooms and Phone, and Next Generation Windows Experiences opportunities with internal stakeholders and partners to cross-sell and up-sell. This opportunity will allow you to learn and accelerate your career growth, honing your solution sales and collaboration skills and deepening your modern worker end-to-end expertise.
As a Sales Specialist - Modern Work you will specialize in one of the following categories: Modern Work, Employee Experience, or Surface.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Sales Specialist - Modern Work professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
As a Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You will help customers evaluate their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
- Sales Execution: You will Orchestrate a virtual team and assess customer needs to develop strategies that proactively build a stakeholder network to accelerate and close Modern Work opportunities.
- Business Value Selling: You will foster and expand Microsoft’s relationships with Customer Business Decision. Hunt new Modern Work opportunities by identifying and engaging with key business contacts, understanding customers’ business and technology priorities, governance, decision and budget processes, and landing the value proposition of Modern Work solutions.
- Scaling and Collaboration: You will lead the planning, orchestration and execution of Modern Work opportunities with internal stakeholders and partners to cross-sell and up-sell.
- Technical Expertise: You will lead Modern Work BDM and ITDM conversations, share best practices and key competitor knowledge across solution areas acting as a subject matter expert to inform decisions on pursuit or withdrawal.
- Sales Excellence: You will lead and plan for accounts across territories, do compete plans and business analysis to pursue high-potential customers and manages Modern Work solutions across the organization.
There are three categories of specialists within Modern Work solution for which you may be considered:
- Modern Work Specialist: Remote Work, Security & Compliance, Teamwork, Insights, Surface, and Phone System to architect a solution by leveraging the Modern Work of Microsoft 365.
- Employee Experience Specialist: Microsoft Viva, an employee experience platform that brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources, and insights in the flow of work.
- Surface Specialist: Surface device and accessories portfolio.
- 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 4+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- 1+ year of experience with Modern Work solutions like: M365, Teams, Surface or other similar technologies.
- 4+ years of solution sales experience.
- Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, productivity, collabortaion, or security technologies, and industry standards recommended.
- Experience with complex sales training and sales methodologies.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $103,500 to $180,300.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.