Technical Specialist - Modern Work
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired to help customers empower their employees, maximize the employee experience, and do great work using the devices and apps they love? We are looking for someone to help customers who are undergoing significant changes to the way they work as we continue to shift into a truly hybrid work model. Microsoft is at the forefront of this transformation come and help organizations rethink aspects of their business in a way that sets them and their people up for success in this new world of work.
As a Microsoft Teams Technology Specialist’s (TS) your main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Workplace of Microsoft 365 and Surface. TSs are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for salespeople to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 suite, Teams, Surface and OEM Meeting/Calling devices sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure technologies.
As a Technical Specialist - Modern Work you will specialize in one of the following categories: Teams, Cloud Endpoint, or Intelligence, depending on your expertise.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are currently looking for Technical Specialist - Modern Work professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
- Domain Expertise (by category)
- Teams: You will demonstrate (e.g., Architectural Design Sessions, and Proof of Concept sessions) Microsoft Teams Calling, Meetings, devices, Frontline Worker enablement and Viva products, services, and integration; presenting and applying architecture patterns for design, development, configuration, and deployment/adoption/governance planning; applying sales methodologies (e.g., MCEM); leveraging partner/customer teams as needed.
- Cloud Endpoint: You will develop and maintain advanced to expert level technical subject matter expertise in Microsoft products and product differentiators in assigned Solutions Plays (including Windows 11, Windows 365, Intune, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Azure Virtual Desktop, Surface and managed service solutions such as AutoPatch, Microsoft Managed Desktop, etc.
- Intelligence: win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology - with the Intelligence TS focusing on Power BI products & services.
- Scale Customer Engagements You will be a trusted advisor and consultative technical seller with a growth mindset by developing and maintaining advanced to expert level delivery, discovery, demo, and whiteboarding skills.
- Build Strategy You will be knowledgeable about Microsoft product strengths and the weaknesses of our competition in order to unblock competitive blockers and win the technical decision for Microsoft.
- Solution Design and Proof You will win the technical decision and intent by gaining a deep understanding of a customer’s business and differentiate Microsoft in complex selling environments by sharing insights, reframing the status quo and quantifying business impact that motivates customers to take action. You will know when and how to escalate blockers, when to push back on customer objections, and how to unblock technical blockers with the customer.
- Scale Through Partners: you will engage in partner sell-with scenarios by collaborating with partners to carry out technical engagement activities and acting as a source of trusted partner knowledge.
- 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- Certification in relevant technologies or disciplines (e.g., Office 365, Power BI, Azure Architect and Development exams, Cloud Platform Technologies, Information Security, Architecture).
- Domain experience in one or more of the following:
- Teams: Microsoft Teams Calling, Meetings, devices, Frontline Worker enablement and Viva products, services, and integration OR equivalent competitive experience.
- Cloud Endpoint: Microsoft products and product differentiators in assigned Solutions Plays (including Windows 11, Windows 365, Intune, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Azure Virtual Desktop, Surface and managed service solutions such as AutoPatch, Microsoft Managed Desktop, etc. OR competitive experience.
- Intelligence: Power BI products & services OR competitive experience.
- Applicable workload/line of business expertise with one or more of the following: technical and business process presales, post-sales consulting or relevant company/customer IT application implementation or management.
Prior work experience:
- Driving and designing a solution strategy as part of the overall opportunity lifecycle.
- Identifying, driving and successfully landing pipeline and customer solutions in collaboration with sales leaders and team members.
- Extensive collaboration with technical pursuit teams designing cloud-based customer solutions.
- Success working with customers/stakeholders in presales or consulting engagements related to business applications workloads.
- Proven success demonstrating differentiated solution value and competitive advantage.
- Delivering customer-facing technical workload demonstrations to enterprise decision makers.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $96,000 to $194,800.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.