Senior Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Boston, Massachusetts, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Azure for Operators' mission is to empower the telecommunications industry, enterprises, and governments with a ubiquitous hybrid cloud platform. Be a part of the team developing solutions for this platform with a focus on carrier grade quality, security, performance and resiliency.
You will design and develop solutions to provide a carrier grade cloud with speed, scale, quality and security. You will use your knowledge to contribute to one of our domain areas (Azure core services, Arc, Azure Kubernetes Service, Monitoring, Storage, Engineering Systems).
You will collaborate with several teams across Azure Core, Azure Edge and Platform, and Network Cloud to lead the transition of the mobile network to an open, disaggregated and software-based model leveraging Azure for Operators as the platform of choice.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will contribute to and be responsible for:
- Designing and developing features that will advance industry products
- Building a continuous deployment product to rapidly integrate functionality and upgrade the platform
- Contributing towards open-source projects
- Mentoring engineers, performing frequent code reviews, and setting and upholding development best practices
- Working across internal teams to ensure strategic program and product alignment
- Developing and advancing test automation to increase quality and set an example for others
- Collaborating with different engineering teams across the company to provide operational support
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in GoLang
- Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices
- Experience developing, releasing, and operating reliable, distributed systems software
- Deep experience with Kubernetes
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following Areas:
-Microsoft Azure core services (Fabric, Compute, Storage)
-Cybersecurity with a focus on Cloud Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft security screening requirements is required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.