Technical Excellence and Operations Manager – Digital Maturity Practice, Tech for Social Impact, Microsoft Philanthropies
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Do you have a strong technical skillset that you want to leverage to lift up communities around the world?
Do you thrive off leading whiteboard and architecture sessions with customer?
Do you have experience driving the operational backbone for a business that includes financial tracking, invoicing, pipeline management, reporting and much more?
Do you obsess over providing a premier customer experience where you are consistently looking to automate processes, uncover data driven insights, and reduce friction in the system?
Do you love leading, growing and enabling front line technical delivery experts?
The Technology for Social Impact (TSI) team is chartered with the mission of bringing the power of technology to every non-profit and humanitarian organization to accelerate Social Good. This organization will bring together our donation and grants programs, industry solutions, commercial sales efforts, and partner ecosystems to empower non-profits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and investments for Microsoft’s public good investments. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business focused on helping organizations on the front line of change to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities. We are looking for those with skillsets and talent as defined below:
Practice Operations Excellence
- Oversee, drive and are accountable for internal practice technology strategy, tools, roadmaps and governance.
- Bring the right resources and tools within the DMP engagement journey to accelerate time-to-value (automation/efficiency) for program teams and organizations served.
- Empower and support delivery team, customers and DM practice leadership with standardized and connected data, processes, and tools (CRM, dashboards, reports, pipeline, financials, etc) that drive agility and efficiency.
- Work with Philanthropies operations to provide a single, holistic view for connected insights and analytics across practice activities.
- Develop impact-oriented operations and measurement practices that serve as a model for CELA.
- Provide ongoing optimization efforts, that are agile and meet practice requirements
Technical Leadership & Practice Development
- Leads technical strategy and direction for the Digital Maturity Practice (DMP) based on observed requirements from customers and in coordination with the larger Tech for Social Impact (TSI) team and Philanthropies leads.
- Is a subject matter expert the Microsoft technology stack, including the Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit, and complimentary solutions architecture as it evolves to support rapid enablement, digital maturity growth, and partner scaling.
- Lead customer scoping conversations to collect functional requirements and needs; turning them into technical requirements and architecture for implementation partners to deliver upon.
- Connects gaps and patterns across business and technology areas that drive change and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and/or processes Identifies reusable solutions and services to scale across customers and partners.
- Uses evidence-based approach to represent the customer/partner as a customer advocate and share insights with TSI Product Engineering teams and the business with a view to improving Microsoft technologies, products, services and offerings.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Engagement Manager, practice leadership and TSI Partners to jointly drive project/technical governance through envisioning, designing, building, and deployment for customer engagements.
- Contribute to thought leadership around technologies and customer/partner challenges by sharing ideas, insight, and strategic, technical input with internal communities across Microsoft, and the broader external communities
Azure Grant Enablement
- Lead CELA Azure grant services program to accelerate the consumption and impact of Azure grants.
- Provide oversight, guidance and ongoing enablement of dedicated project manager and Azure Architect to ensure the appropriate activities are being performed that accrue to goals.
- Accountable for leading Azure consumption metrics and impact.
- Lead, coordinate, and collaborate across CELA teams, earning trust and influence through an empathetic approach and getting results.
- Monitor and report on Azure Enablement Program performance, included but not limited to program KPI’s and performance to forecast.
- Maintain and build upon existing tools that track and monitor grant performance, specifically to analyze successful Azure consumption and enablement.
- Present on the program overview, pipeline, KPI metrics to internal and external audiences
#CELA #TSI #Philanthropy
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development OR equivalent experience?
- Do you have 2+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross team projects?
- Do you have 3+ years in Solution Architecture and/or Technical Program Management experience?
Preferred qualifications/skills required:
- 8+ years in Solution Architecture and/or technical Program Management experience
- 5+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or technology domain OR equivalent experience.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical experience
- Certifications in Azure, Power Apps, or Dynamics
- Natural leadership skills and drive to lead by example
- Skilled at inspiring others and building on their ideas to arrive at business outcomes and results.
- Real passion for technology and customer-led design.
- Extraordinary detail oriented and passionate about operations
- Good organization and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, oral, and social).
- You embrace diverse thinking and love working with a wide array of skillets.
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping cloud and SMB/Midmarket services or applications
- Program management and cross-group collaboration skills
- Experience in shipping business or technical solutions, creating prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Lead whiteboard and design sessions to build high level Architecture
- Ability to pitch and land new approaches and ideas.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,200 and $178,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.