Sales Specialist - Employee Experience
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, St. Louis, Missouri, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
As the world emerges from a global pandemic, there has been a profound impact on what people expect from work. In our most recent Work Trend Index study, we found that 53% of employees are more likely to prioritize health and wellbeing over work than before the pandemic. The shift demands companies rethink their approach to the employee experience—things like culture, purpose, flexibility, and mental health—to thrive in this hybrid world of work.
Microsoft is at the forefront of this transformation, launching an entirely new business category called Employee Experience. Microsoft Viva is an employee experience platform that brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources, and insights in the flow of work. Powered by Microsoft 365 and experienced through Microsoft Teams, Viva fosters a culture that empowers employees and teams to be their best from anywhere. Employee Experience and Engagement | Microsoft Viva
To support our customers, the Employee Experience team is looking for someone who is passionate about people as individuals, not just workers. The Employee Experience Specialist is an accomplished and experienced solution seller with a proven record of accomplishment of Solution sales for a SaaS-based company or similar technology.
You will lead a virtual team of technical, licensing expert, engineering resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets for related workloads in your accounts. You will help customers evaluate their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are currently looking for Sales Specialist - Employee Experience professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
- Sales Execution: You will orchestrate a virtual team and assess customer needs to develop strategies that proactively build a stakeholder network to accelerate and close Modern Work opportunities.
- Consultative Solution Sales: You will drive solutions sales best practices including but not limited to; discovery, building and crafting solution strategies that differentiate from the competition, challenging our customers with creative and innovative solutions.
- Business Value Selling: You will foster and expand Microsoft’s relationships with Customer Business Decision. Collaborate alongside other sellers roles to identify and qualify new Modern Work opportunities, engaging with key business contacts, understanding customers’ business and technology priorities, governance, decision, and budget processes, and landing the value proposition of Microsoft Viva.
- Scaling and Collaboration: You will lead the planning, orchestration, and execution of Modern Work opportunities with internal stakeholders and partners to cross-sell and up-sell.
- Technical Expertise: You will lead Modern Work BDM (Business Decision Maker) and ITDM (Information Technology Decision Maker) conversations, shares best practices and key competitor knowledge across solution areas acting as a subject matter expert to inform decisions on pursuit or withdrawal.
- Sales Excellence: You will lead the planning for accounts across territories, complete plans, and business analysis to pursue high-potential customers and manage Modern Work solutions across the organization.
- Deliver Results and Model Microsoft Values: You will deliver results through teamwork, acts as role model for MS values including treating others with fairness and respect.
- 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 4+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Sales Execution: Skilled in leading BDM outside of traditional ITDM conversations with high-potential customers, building pipeline and developing and presenting solutions that meet customer requirements & strategy, and leading deal execution through closure.
- Employee Experience: Experience with selling CRM/ERP or similar software-as-a-service, cloud-based business applications. Has deep understanding of all or part of the challenges and opportunities in an emerging category and can envision solutions mapped with business value to address customer persona business needs and pains.
- Business Value Selling: Skilled in building economic justification of Modern Work solutions, assessing business opportunities and needs, and validating business value analysis with customers to drive intention to buy.
- Scaling and Collaboration: Skilled in identifying, leveraging, and coordinating a holistic, collaborative, and participative approach with internal stakeholders across solutions areas to scale business results.
- Technical Expertise: Skilled in understanding Modern Work solutions and products, developing strategies to share best practices across subsidiaries, collaborating with Global Black Belts (GBBs) and other stakeholders on compete scenarios and providing insights on future product trends and sales blockers.
- Sales Excellence: Skilled in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on business planning, leading forecast, account, and territory plan discussions to drive intentional selling in high propensity accounts.
- Deliver Results and Model Microsoft Values: Skilled in identifying Customers' operational needs and building account plans accordingly. Partnering and collaborating with internal/external stakeholders on related deliverables and work streams; Models compliance to Microsoft values and shows empathy and compassion.
The salary range for this role in the state of Colorado is from $103,500 to $180,300.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.