Business Architecture Analyst, Commercial Systems & BI
Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
MCAPS Strategy & Operations organization drive the development and execution of the Commercial strategy and field operating model. This includes how the organization benefits customers and partners, enabling MCAPS to support them more effectively, efficiently, and with competitive differentiation. The team builds the connective tissue across MCAPS Leadership and partners across Microsoft to gain alignment and leverage existing capabilities, while empowering our people to be nimble, agile, successful, and thrilled to work for Microsoft.
Our Commercial Systems & BI (CSBI) team objective is to build world class platform and intelligence capabilities to serve how Microsoft manages and delivers our company’s business, both internally and externally. We achieve this by fostering a customer-focused, collaborative culture, and fueling growth through the people and programs we support. Our principles are to be customer obsessed, simple & focused, data driven, innovative, and business aligned.
A key element to a successful strategy is the ability to implement, assess effectiveness and adapt. This Business Architecture Analyst role in the Commercial Systems & BI team will be accountable for participating in the delivery of business aligned strategic initiatives across the MCAPS ecosystem. This includes delivering the highly complex process, tools, reporting & business intelligence strategic initiatives that cross organizational boundaries and working with teams to identify success metrics and enabling tracking of ROI. You must be capable of moving from ambiguous goals to concisely engineered solutions that are focused on delivering superior user experience and extraordinary business outcomes.
Business Program Planning and Design
- Drives strategic alignment among cross-organizational stakeholders to identify and prioritize key business goals, objectives, and strategies, and develop short- and long-term program roadmap.
- Solves complex problems and synthesizes across organizational boundaries. Drives clarity and strives for simplification.
- Thinks strategically (long term, preventative risk mitigation) and orchestrates complex support planning
Business Program Management
- Oversees the analysis, design, planning, and execution of business process and technology changes that drive organizational initiatives to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Collaborates and partners with segment teams, field sales leaders and operations. Provides increased transparency and integration across all groups.
- Establishes objectives and success criteria in an inclusive collaborative manner with all stakeholders.
- Defines the vision and strategy for operational rhythms of communication to the organization.
- Manage schedules for collaborating with team members to track milestone deliverables and drive project execution
- Communicates status and drives accountability within and across stakeholders to follow timelines, proactively identify risk, develop mitigation plans, and define process.
- Recognizes process gaps/inefficiencies and drives strategies for optimization.
Buisness Program Excellence and Execution
- Manages communications with stakeholders to track strategic objectives, drive execution, and measure business impact (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs])
- Strives for excellence in project and process-based work, simplifying processes without compromising outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 8+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
- Must proactively contribute to cultures centered on diversity, inclusion, accountability, and empathy to ensure that everybody has a voice and equality opportunity to thrive in the workplace.
- Ability to lead across a matrixed organization, creating clarity and delivering results through others without direct reporting relationships is critical.
- Elicit and document business capabilities, outcomes, and technology enabled requirements.
- Communicating with clarity: Communicating complex, ongoing business data and insights across a large set of stakeholders and turning those insights into action.
- Creating alignment across organizations: Collaborating across different disciplines including finance, marketing, sales, and engineering to create clarity, align to shared goals, and deliver results.
- Strategic thinking and influence: Proven track record of identifying organizational opportunities, driving strategy and design, and influencing stakeholders.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. Depending on working hours, work from home arrangements are available. Routine travel and international travel in support of projects and organizational alignment will be occasional (approximately 10-25%) contingent upon Covid 19 travel restrictions.
Work Hours: This opportunity requires collaboration with worldwide stakeholders. Working on flexible business hours to connect with global stakeholders will be required to perform duties as outlined. Schedules will be flexible to support work-life balance and specific project/program needs.
The salary range for this role based in Colorado is from $148,000 to $222,000. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.