Business Applications Sales Executive
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona, San Diego, California, San Jose, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
The reinvention of business processes is a growth engine for Microsoft cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs driving new levels of profitability for their organization.
Microsoft Business Applications is recognized by analysts as a leader in the CRM, ERP and application platform space. Trusted by global businesses as their platform of choice, Microsoft Business Applications uniquely enables customers to optimize their operations, engage their customers, empower their people and transform their products. It’s a new data-driven world, and Microsoft is the only platform in the industry built from the ground up with data and intelligence at the center.
The Business Applications Sales Executive is an accomplished and experienced solution seller with a proven track record of driving Business Application-led (ERP/CRM solutions) complex digital transformations in accounts with experience running multi-million-dollar pursuits.
To excel in the Business Applications Sales Executive role, you must have the following traits and abilities:
- Business Process Transformation Expert – Has deep understanding of challenges and opportunities in an industry and can envision solutions mapped with business value to address customer business needs.
- Expert Business Decision Maker Conversationalist, Digital First Seller – Identifies the right Business Decision Makers (BDM's) and builds relationships using social selling best practices while leveraging other organizations in Microsoft and their relationships. Expertise in Industry and solutions with connected use cases to achieve trusted advisor role with BDMs & customer personas.
- World Class Orchestrator – Complex, multi-thread Project Manager, influences for impact, leads, manages & drives shared vision and execution across virtual teams and partners.
- Industry-based Solutioning Expert – Expert in an industry and has knowledge and skills to envision solutions solving BDM persona pains with connected use cases.
- Business Outcome Seller – Expert ability to quantify business value for solution capabilities addressing customer needs.
- Expert in Differentiating Solution Offering – Expert understanding and positioning of proposed solution(s) against competition, macro-level thinker who can articulate and present the power of the Microsoft Cloud and differentiated benefits for the customer.
- World Class Deal Crafter & Negotiator – Exceptional deal crafter with capability to map business value to customer proposals. Employs world class negotiating techniques to close business.
- Senior Executive C-Suite Level Presenter – Expert communicator with world class skills in effective presentations to executives.
- Build Pipe in alignment with Account Teams & Cross-Solution Areas – Build pipe by leading with industry, using digital signals & insights to prospect, network, identify, engage & nurture with right BDMs, align & gain account team commitment, plug into cross solution sales motions.
- Envision Industry-aligned Customer-Centric Solutions with Business Value Insights – Discover and envision industry-based solutions with business value insights working with a pursuit team of technically intense workload experts and partners resources to quantify and qualify end-to-end connected solution use cases expanding opportunity value across line of business BDMs.
- Engage with Partner(s) – Leverage and scale through early alignment with priority co-sell partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISV's).
- Develop Close Plan & Secure Customer Agreement to Envisioned Solution – Gain customer agreement by successfully presenting the business case for change, aligning business pains with envisioned solution and associated business value.
- Orchestrate Solution Design & Calculate/Present Business value – Orchestrate, bringing clarity to pursuit team to ensure designed solution(s) maps to envisioned solution and business value. Ensure design has an end-to-end view, building opportunities for future expansion of interconnected business processes after initial sale.
- Negotiate with Proposals Mapped to Business Value – Create compelling board-level presentations with proposals aligned to customer transformation plan mapped to business value impact. Deal crafting and negotiating using Give Gets/Balance of Trade and other resources. Engage Microsoft executives when required to expedite close and resolve stalemate/inaction.
- Commitment for Customer Success – Throughout the sales process and after sales closure ensure successful handoff to customer success teams with a clearly documented deployment plan.
- 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with selling CRM/ERP or similar software-as-a-service, cloud-based business applications to accounts exceeding sales targets.
- Developing demand and pipe by building BDM networking, assessing strategic customer objectives, digital transformation opportunity discovery, key improvement scenarios and an ability to measure and present incremental and new economic value from solutions proposed.
- Ability to sell solutions connected with end-to-end business transformation across business units within enterprise accounts.
- Leading/orchestrating sales processes across account planning, opportunity planning, deal negotiation, customer decision frameworks, evaluation plans and engaging in sophisticated business case discussions.
- Deal crafting, negotiating terms and contracts for multimillion-dollar digital transformation initiatives.
- Disciplined operator with demonstrated accuracy in forecasting business and maintaining pipeline hygiene.
- Strong track record and history of carrying and exceeding an enterprise account sales quota.
- Experience selling in one of the following industries: Retail, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Energy & Utilities.
- Broad understanding of commercial cloud offerings, ideally including Microsoft’s cloud platform as well as competitors.
- Design Thinking and Solution Envisioning
- Strong presentation, white-boarding, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team-oriented environment.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $115,500 and $150,100
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.