Systems Quality Engineer
Location: Arlington, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building, and operating our unified global datacenters, managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure, and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams).
The CO+I, Datacenter business is looking to fill a Systems Quality Engineer role. The CO+I Supply Chain organization is responsible for delivering Datacenter Procurement for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year Datacenter construction projects. You will be part of the Supplier Quality team and ensure that systems, workflow processes, and metrics are streamlined for the organization. This systems level thinker is collaborative, works well in high pace environments, has a solid understanding of quality tools and system deployments to coordinate plans and provide guidance that will have positive impacts on equipment quality.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Partner with NPI and strategic supplier quality engineers to support tool development/optimization for capturing and resolving quality issues impacting equipment performance and reliability across the supply chain
- Drive system level process improvements through traditional quality, Quality 4.0 initiatives, and collaborative interactions with cross-functional teams
- Develop, build, and manage continuous improvement projects that improve equipment reliability, reduce site testing complexity, and drive simplification of design specifications through value stream mapping
- Collect, review, analyze, and benchmark data across supplier processes / project sites to proactively identify opportunities and risks
- Support strategic quality engineers with new supplier manufacturing and capacity assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years technical experience in Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, Maintenance/Reliability
- 2 years experience in program or Project Management
- Experience with data center operations
- Quality, manufacturing, or operations experience in technology, mission critical environment, or EPC
- Experience with CMMS implementations or equipment reliability
- Experience developing visualization tools (Excel, SQL, or PowerBI dashboards)
- Excellent communicator to diverse audiences across a variety of platforms
- Ability to successfully collaborate, create clarity, and drive effective communication between stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large scale change and influence in a matrixed organization.
- Strong project management/process improvement skills, effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve issues; creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- ASQ or Green belt certified
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.