Sr. Software Engineer
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind building the Microsoft cloud. Within CO+I, the Datacenter Planning & eXecution Engineering (DPXE) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects with specific safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals.
The DPX Engineering team is responsible for architecting, designing, and building the next generation of connected systems and tools using microservices architecture to help manage and support critical business functions such as Cost, Schedule, Networking, Commissioning, Procurement, Safety, Planning etc. in a real time manner. The team has a charter to deliver against the NorthStar goal of building robust automation for these functions through well engineered systems and at the same time design and build the next gen, ML based, recommendation engine to enable cost and schedule modeling, supply planning, execution planning etc. while integrating with the bigger CO+I ecosystem.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers innovative solutions to address the automation needs to scale our delivery capabilities. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual contributors who can deal with ambiguity and challenge the status-quo to deliver automation capabilities that power the long-range execution planning efforts, drive workflow improvements, and build solutions to assist in the delivery of large-scale data centers through efficient management of cost and schedule. If you want to work with a motivated team of engineers and program managers from various disciplines, if working on a V1 product/release and related challenges excite you, and if you want to build the foundation of the cloud delivery experience, look no further. If you are passionate about being part of the delivery of engineering solutions enabling Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure, this is for you.
- Write high quality, maintainable, reusable, secure code using OOPs concepts and SOLID principles.
- Resolve complex system integration challenges working with external teams
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, understand the pain points, and design solutions to business problems
- Review and contribute to technical designs, implement and demonstrate the developed features in an Agile environment.
- Mentor team members, share learning and code assets developed with the CO+I engineering teams
- 6+ years of software development experience shipping production apps or services using the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Azure stack
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or extensive proven expertise in the software development field.
- Software development experience in any two of the following areas: Web and API development (.NET stack), UI technologies (React/Angular, node.js, etc.), Microsoft Azure/any other cloud platform, Dynamics 365/Power Platform.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, testing and debugging skills
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to rapid production deployment
- Good understanding of SQL Server services, T-SQL, Stored procedures and optimizing database applications
- Experience with shipping software products across multiple platforms/devices
- Ability to incorporate and understand the needs of our diverse customer base, including customers using assistive technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.