Senior Software Engineer (PowerBI)
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
The working population on the planet is over 3 billion people. Our opportunity with Power BI is to empower everyone to make better decisions with data - starting with the 300 million information workers using Office 365.
We are looking for passionate full stack developers with experiences working with all service aspects of high throughput and multi-tenant services, ability to design components carefully, properly handle errors, write clean and well-factored code with good tests and good maintainability.
- Design and develop upcoming investments around web-based report authoring experiences
- Enriching our feature offering, consolidating architectures across various platforms, server and cloud, impacting the full stack of the product.
- Focusing on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
- Working in agile development practices such as Kanban, TDD, pairing to drive incremental results.
- Collaborating effectively within the team and partners across Microsoft in dynamic and customer driven environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience designing, coding and debugging in front end code
- 3+ years of professional development experience in C#, .NET, or Java
- Passionate about building beautiful and functional user experiences
- RESTful API design & implementation
- C# and .NET development (or other OO based language such as Java)
- Relational DB technologies including SQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
- Experience with Azure a plus
- Written & verbal communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.