Senior Program Manager - Customer Experience Strategy
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The Global Capacity team within CSCP, is responsible the Capacity Fulfillment promise for the Microsoft cloud, supporting the capacity needs of a diverse customer base distributed globally. Strong empathy for the customer, deep engineering and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to stay nimble and motivated through challenges brought up by the constantly growing and expanding customer base and demand are characteristics of our team.
We are looking for a passionate, and knowledgeable Senior Program Manager, to own and drive incorporating new go to markets strategies of Microsoft cloud into the Capacity & Supply Chain functions. In this role you will play a leadership role in collaborating across the Capacity, Supply Chain and Provisioning broader organization to define the business model, define processes, define automation roadmaps and then deliver this all to ensure a successful launch and ongoing operations of the cloud.
Once the new go to markets are live, as a Senior PM you will lead the stakeholder management of all operational and capacity management functions. You will also partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, field and customers to optimize and address/manage all scenarios in relation to the new operations. You will be working with multiple players to outline and streamline processes for managing increasing demand, levers to recover and optimize available hardware, and processes for handling escalations and driving short/long-term lasting mitigations.
- Standardize and minimize churn on capacity, supply chain and customer functions from the launch of a new go to market strategy at Microsoft cloud
- Work across the enterprise to define new business models and then collaborate to land the processes and systems to enable those new business models
- Influence stakeholders across the organization to meet team goals
- Develop strategy roadmaps, execution plans and playbooks for business operations
- Actively partner with Planning, Logistics, Product groups and Operations by building strong collaborative relationships
- Work with senior leaders to build alignment and make progress on strategic roadmap and its execution
- Train and teach other team members so that the group can grow. Learn the processes and duties of other Capacity Management areas to provide backup and coaching as needed.
- 12+ years industry experience in enterprise process engineering in complex cross functional matrixed environments, engineering program management, and Infrastructure deployment operations
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- MBA or a degree in Supply Chain in addition to that would be a big plus
- Consulting background a plus
- Multi-faceted experience applying Supply Chain principles: Forecasting, Planning, Inventory mgmt. etc.
- Exceptional cross-team skills
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Understanding of process engineering and optimization, including gathering, analyzing, and defining business and functional requirements; creating global metrics, trend charts and other decision-making tools
- Strong written/oral communication skills required along with desire to communicate with partners and business leaders.
CLOUD SCREENING REQUIREMENT
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.