Program Manager II
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to be part of the team building the Cloud platform for Microsoft? Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems and working on bleeding edge technology at massive scale? Are you looking to grow your career in a product having an explosive growth?
The Microsoft Azure Compute Fundamentals PM team drives horizontal customer experiences across Azure Compute Services. We are focused on producing modern solutions in areas of performance, reliability and overall deterministic Compute experience driving customer satisfaction and providing a dependable environment for Mission Critical applications on Azure. We combine a strong global-scale platform big-data foundation with AI/ML techniques, distributed systems solutions and deep system acumen to drive innovation that allows us to define and operate our datacenters beyond what was possible in the past with traditional techniques. We have resources, industry connections and proven global leadership that helps us to continue delivering those platform innovations. We focus on the platform experiences that power Compute Services like AKS, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Cloud Services, etc. You will have an opportunity to become a part of a strategic and innovative team, with Microsoft-wide impact.
We are looking for a Program Manager to be part of a team that will manage division-wide initiatives encompassing the Azure Host and Azure Host Components management, optimizing for Azure application lifecycle, availability, reliability, and scale. The role will be central to key C&AI division initiatives on customer experience and platform competitiveness, and you’ll drive some of the areas in a services platform with scale and availability targets that don’t exist in the industry today.
To succeed in this role, you should be passionate about the Compute and Networking space, possess technical and analytical skills, terrific cross-group collaboration skills, and a passion for customers. You should be a creative leader with superior analytical abilities, have a strong track record of delivery in a services environment with a can-do attitude.
- Be part of inclusive and diverse world-class PM team to deliver new and improve existing Azure services
- Work with customers and partner teams to identify scenarios and establish priorities
- Lead product planning areas for E2E scenarios based on customer inputs and data insights
- Define OKRs and establish and execute plans for improving KRs
- Partner with the development teams on scenarios, product tradeoffs, incremental value delivery
- Create win-win engagements with partners across Azure and Microsoft to drive customer value
- Prepare and deliver high quality executive reviews
- Generate energy and alignment across teams with meetings, along with clear customer and program goals.
- Present to customers and internal stakeholders; use customer and partner feedback to continuously improve the product
- 4+ years of program or product management experience shipping products and high scale services
- 2+ years of experience in networking or cloud computing
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to energize and motivate a high-energy team
- Strong techinical background and solid foundation in modern software engineering principles
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience with the hardware development lifecycle
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.