Site Reliability Engineer II - CTJ
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Are you someone with passion for technology, engineering excellence and quality? Are you looking to work on world-class cloud services with a team of highly talented engineers? If so, Azure Data Services is the right place for you.
Azure Data provides customers and partners across U.S. Federal Civilian, Department of Defense (DoD), and intelligence Community (IC) with data & analytics capabilities for critical national security and defense workloads. Some of our best-known products are SQL Database, CosmosDB, HDInsight, MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Synapse Analytics, Service Bus, Event Grids, and Event Hubs. We are meeting the stringent needs of mission-critical applications run by our most demanding customers. The scale of the challenge is enormous; we have millions of databases serving billions of requests, over exabytes of storage, across most of the world. If you want to be part of one of the biggest data projects in the world, if you enjoy being customer-focused and enjoy problems of data analysis and thoughtful approaches to problem solving, join us.
On our team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, and encouraging each other to succeed. We strongly believe that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We value variety in perspectives and backgrounds and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
The individual we seek will have experience as a US Government security clearance holder and subject matter expertise in integrating U.S. Government requirements (with specialized experience within the DoD) and is responsible for the successful readiness and compliance efforts in support of our US Government cloud initiatives.
- Build out software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of your services.
- React to problems relating to mission critical services by analyzing telemetry, logs, and monitoring, to root cause issues and mitigate.
- Engage in improving service deployment and testing processes by pitching, designing, and implementing automated tools and solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers in the broader scope of the product to deliver solutions specifically for Azure Secret / Top Secret cloud.
- Responsible for live site health of services and infrastructure supporting investments in Azure Government / Secret cloud with periodic on-call.
- Responsible for the execution & adherence of Software Engineering Standards for Data Archiving and retention
- Participate in project team activities and contribute to documentation requirements consistent with methodology
- Support team efforts in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- 2+ years of engineering or systems experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience
- Experience with the Microsoft cloud and/or stack including O365, Azure, Windows or other Microsoft software/services
- Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.