Principal Software Engineering Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Mountain View, California, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Azure Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high-energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Azure business continues to grow the ability to deploy new service offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest TCO is of paramount importance. Azure Firmware Center of Excellence team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational success for Azure that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
If you are a seasoned engineering manager with passion for building highly reliable, scalable distributed systems with a background in Hardware / Firmware Security; If you want hands-on experience with SoC Firmware development for cutting edge security solutions and like to produce impact across a large number of systems; if you have a penchant to learn and utilize your broad skill sets to produce great customer impact; then this opportunity is for you - Join the Azure Firmware Center of Excellence; security organization and help us envision and build technical solutions to power Azure.
- Lead architecture, design, development and deployment of innovative Hardware / firmware Security solutions that deliver competitive advantage and scale our business growth.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to architect and build highly scalable and reliable solutions for cloud scale workloads.
- Oversee the evaluation and selection of 3rd party Hardware, Security solutions, and proactively drive roadmap for next generation security solutions. Manage successful delivery of projects.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of developers that own full product lifecycle from incubation to global production management.
- 10+ years of professional experience designing, developing large scale software solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience leading and managing large engineering teams
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills, advanced design, and development skills
- Experienced with lower level firmware, driver, and protocol development
- Proven and demonstrable skill in C
- MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of virtualization technologies and cloud services as plus
- Experience with Security protocols, HW Root of trust (RoT) highly regarded
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.