Senior Finance Manager – MSUS P&L
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work in a close-knit, high performing finance team supporting one of the most rapidly growing and dynamic segments in the US Subsidiary? We’re looking for a highly collaborative, creative, energetic finance professional who can lead Cost financial controls and process across MSUS Sales Organization and support both US Finance and Leadership team.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in business partnering, an ability to manage end to end financial cycles, strong modeling and forecasting skills, a strong understanding of data reporting using powerbi, curious and asks questions (desire to learn), strong analytical skills, ability to positively influence others, successful project and change management skills, succinct story telling skills, and executive maturity.
As a member of the MSUS P&L team, you will partner across several businesses, including Finance, HR, Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions team (MCAPs), Worldwide and Central Finance Teams. You will be responsible for planning and orchestrating ROB, close, forecasting, budgeting, landing WW finance initiatives and relentlessly identifying and driving standardization and simplification opportunities in key processes and controls. In addition, this member will work on resource management and have the opportunity to work across teams within MSUS & Central Finance to streamline, centralize, and standardize resource reporting and analytics that brings business insights, drives change, and influences results. You will also be involved in special projects such as cost resource planning, investment strategy, cost process and ROB improvements.
- Promote a team culture of support, collaboration, and inclusion and provide coverage for other team members.
- Develop & lead Business Partner Training, Onboarding & Education Plan
- Support business partners and controllers to understand fiscal results and proactively provide insights that enable them to manage within budget targets. This includes sharing trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Integrates varied data sources and assimilates the information into a comprehensive, clear narrative. Communicates results in a compelling and understandable message.
- Oversee overall FOM/RCA, people costs and headcount. Planning, orchestration and lead process (Budget, Forecast, Closing, QBC) to ensure end to end flow. Drive standardization and simplification.
- P&L Management - All related P&L costs and management. This includes looking at people costs, variable spend, ECIF and ensuring we manage to budget and the overall P&L
- Drive analytical and conceptual thinking with the business that extends beyond the numbers into strategy: helping business evaluate investments and evaluate Return on Investment.
- Lead cost budgeting, forecast and outlook processes for supported segments. This includes proactively coaching and guiding commercial leads and business partners on operating guidelines and how to incorporate empowerment and investments.
- Provide insights to monthly financial close process, in close partnership with Cost Lead, for SOX Controls.
- Promote a culture of compliance: partner with Compliance champs to monitor & provide business education.
- ‘Tell the story’ and drive insightful analytics for Finance leadership reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 6+ years post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership or Finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 4+ years post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience.
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ year(s) experience in multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles.
- 1+ year(s) work experience in the matrix-based organization.
- 1+ year(s) work experience in the technology or software industry.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or equivalent certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.