Technical Program Manager 2
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you want a role where you get to touch every PC in the world? The Device Platform team, within the Azure Edge + Platform group, is on a mission to keep hundreds of millions of systems current with high quality and resilient drivers and firmware, and we need you to achieve that.
As a PM of the Device Platform team working on end to end driver/firmware servicing, you get to work on lighting up some latest and coolest category of devices and scenarios, you get to go deep on some super technical areas, you get to collaborate with many technology teams (device teams, WU, Dev Center, Data Science, Fundamentals and etc), and you get to engage with external partners (Silicon partners, OEMs and IHVs, and end customers). It's an exciting space that creates huge impact to end user satisfaction to Windows devices. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of problem-solving, technical excellence, customer and partner empathy, collaboration, and a passion for delivering customer focused software. The candidate must enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, be able to hit the ground running, solve deep design and technical problems, and work with IC & senior managers across groups.
We are a diverse and inclusive team, and we thrive by placing high value on integrating the perspectives, voices and needs of all our partners, customers, and Microsoft peers. For more information on how Microsoft drives innovation and quality through diversity and inclusion, see Corporate Values I Microsoft and Microsoft Global Diversity and Inclusion.
Both remote work and on-site candidates will be considered.
- Define user scenarios, technical requirements, product roadmap and design for multi-release features.
- Work with customers and internal partners to identify and prioritize features and capabilities.
- Drive cross-team planning, collaboration, and execution across several teams.
- Develop detailed technical specifications and work with developers, quality, and the ecosystem team to plan and guide feature work through the development cycle and ensure delivery of successful in market results.
- Drive cross-team processes and metrics to ensure timely delivery with high quality and continual improvement.
- BS or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of Program Management experience, or equivalent, with a proven track record of driving and managing large scale products and features across multiple releases.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Program Management of low-level hardware scenarios
- Deep knowledge of operating system fundamentals, especially as they relate to device drivers
- Able to quickly and effectively solve hard problems, independently and in collaboration with development and quality engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.