Support Global Black Belt
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
As a Support Global Black Belt (GBB), you will be a senior support seller within our Microsoft Solutions sales organization, working with our most important partners and customers. You will lead virtual teams of technical and support resources to meet our most complex customer’s support needs through Unified Support and Enhanced Solutions sales. Through close alignment with our sales teams, you will drive integrated selling of our Support offerings. This will enable our customers to accelerate the time to value of their Microsoft investment and deliver a more integrated and connected customer experience.
You will build and maintain relationships with Support Sellers, Managers and Area leadership, influence strategic account direction and act as a trusted advisor. driving engagement with customers at CXO level, software developers, and Modern Support IT specialists. You will assist sales in account planning, orchestrate our most complex support sales opportunities, help customers evaluate and purchase Unified Support and Enhanced Solutions options that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive partner and customer satisfaction.
The Support Global Black Belt (GBB), is responsible for the end-to-end support sales process for assigned complex deals and accounts, shaping, scoping and proposing through deal orchestration to satisfy customer’s support requirements.
This role will be supporting the United States Commerical business.
- Lead and challenge customers with clear strategic vision of Modern Support aligned to their strategic goals
- Drive senior customer and internal stakeholder conversations for Modern Support aligned to Microsoft’s customer solutions
- Contributing to Unified/Premier Support and Enhanced Solutions sales targets in your aligned territory by successfully winning complex support deals.
- Understanding, demonstrating and translating customer requirements for Modern Support into winning proposals
- Be the leader of a global virtual team, driving resource management, deal orchestration and execution
- Responsibility to drive the deal development process through various tools and processes from estimation to support contract setup
- Being a key point of contact for escalation and approval management
- Responsibility in setting up engagements in internal systems (incl. setting up cost- and bill rates, project start and end dates, project value etc.) and supporting a smooth sales to delivery handover
- Pipeline management in alignment with the relevant sales teams
- Thought leadership for continuous improvement in our tools, processes and offerings
- The Support GBB role requires individuals that can collaborate effectively across geographically dispersed teams, have excellent client-facing skills, and are able to lead multiple complex opportunities running in parallel
- Account planning and business development = 15%
- Deal Preparation: = 50%
- Deal Approval = 20%
- Deal Closure = 15%
- 7+ years of technology-related professional sales services experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- Support Experience: 3-5 years of Support selling/deal orchestration experience with in-depth knowledge of Unified Support with complex customers.
- Sales expertise (presentation skills), and consultative selling
- Experience. 10+ years of related experience in Support Sales/pre-sales and/or Support roles
- Cloud Platform. Understanding of Microsoft cloud platforms and related need for Modern Support.
- Partner Knowledge. Strong knowledge of partner Support solutions, Managed Services, and Support landscape
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of competitors (Products and Services)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Support sales/presales experience
- Unified and Modern Support knowledge
- Sales/presales orchestration and capture management experience
- Drive for Results
- Influencing for Impact
- Customer Focus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.