Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Azure Cognitive Services is hiring a Principal Researcher in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
This team offers a comprehensive family of AI services and cognitive APIs to help customers build intelligent applications. Joining the Azure Cognitive Services team is a fantastic opportunity to work with highly talented engineers operating like a startup, and to deliver on our next set of big challenges.
We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals who are passionate about building high-quality, end-to-end, and complex computer vision systems. This job requires a broad set of developer and program management skills.
As a team member of Azure Cognitive Services, you will participate and initiate in developing modern, innovative computer vision systems including (but not limited to)
- Design data generation methods to massively scale up data collection for model training
- Build state-of-the-art image/video recognition, captioning, detection, segmentation tracking systems
- Design novel ML architectures that can be widely useful for a variety of computer vision tasks
- Collaborate with groups across Microsoft as well as with external partners.
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or related field.
- 5+ years of research or software development experience and strong coding skills in modern Python, PyTorch, TenforFlow and/or JAX.
- Knowledgeable on computer vision and machine learning
- Has experience with publishing papers at top-tier conferences
Abilities to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years after.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.