Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft 365 Content Team is growing. We are looking for a passionate and focused Content PM to influence the collection of assets that our customers use in Microsoft 365 & Office products. Our assets (photos, videos, graphics, and more) are designed to help customers get inspired, save time, and create like a pro by providing the right content at the right time. Assets play a vital role in customer perception, inspiration, engagement, and retention. As our asset collections continue to grow, we need an experienced Content PM who is well-versed in design styles, curation techniques, licensing, and the broader content landscape.
You have a well-honed aesthetic eye and an innate passion for discovering and sourcing inspirational and topic-relevant assets. You can react quickly to trends, easily identify high-impact assets, and understand what drives content diversity, market relevance, and customer engagement. You get immersed in data to inform your work but also thrive collaborating closely with peers on a creative team to arrive at the perfect blend of business and art. You know how to evaluate asset quality and business impact, meticulously directing steps for improvement.
Our team is creative and fast-paced. Our motto is to work on interesting things and have fun doing it! In this role, you will partner closely with a purpose-driven team focused on providing new ways to inspire, challenge, and engage our customers. You will collaborate with smart, talented people who care deeply about creating a productive, supportive workplace and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow. Best of all, your work will benefit and empower millions of people to achieve more.
- Grow a compelling, competitive, diverse Microsoft 365 asset collection that meets customer & business needs
- Define the content strategy for asset creation and acquisition; recommending sources, custom relationships, and evolving content sets that help define a broader vision
- Incorporate data-driven insights and cultural trends to continually optimize the asset collection, including, but not limited to, usage, segmentation, content gaps, competitive landscape, market-based needs
- Establish a curation calendar with meaningful themes, aligned with product goals, seasonal events, trends, and cultural milestones
- Partner closely with the product, design, and content teams on asset acquisition plans, ensuring a comprehensive approach
- Report out asset priorities while developing ongoing learnings around the collection
- Dedicated driver for cross-team and cross-organization asset collaborations
- 5+ years in a creative asset field, preferably in digital media or the tech industry, with a proven track record in curation techniques and methodologies
- Experience defining an asset acquisition strategy and management of a large digital asset portfolio
- History with setting objectives and key results for content experiences, while using data to monitor and optimize performance
- Deep understanding of the content landscape, including content platforms, providers, and custom collaborations with influencers and agencies
- An understanding of the asset acquisition and delivery process, including contractual processes, licensing terms and standards, digital asset management tools, and the surfacing/categorization of content
- An excellent and diverse visual eye, aware of trends, styles, and what resonates with an audience
- Customer obsessed, always learning, understanding, and refining to deliver user delight and maximum business impact
- Ability to express ideas to diverse audiences with a variety of skills and experiences
- Ability to prioritize and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects
- Exceptional critical-thinking skills comfortable pitching ideas and presenting to leadership
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365/Office consumer products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and social media platforms
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.