Senior Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Dallas, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona, Redmond, Washington, San Antonio, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to be at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud computing transformation? Are you looking to work in an agile environment that ships frequently while maintaining a focus on long-term bets? Do you want to work with new technology on both front-end applications and back-end services?
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
Within CO+I, the Cloud Operation, Innovation and Engineering (CO+IE) organization owns software solutions to enable cost effective execution of datacenter planning, operations and execution in every datacenter Microsoft’s cloud services, Azure, run in.
This position will help deliver an enterprise-grade computerized maintenance and management system (CMMS) for our cloud data center teams. In this role, you will work closely with business stakeholders, program managers, and other software engineers to deliver robust, high-performing, mission-critical solutions that ensure Microsoft meets availability and resiliency obligations for our cloud customers.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Develop front-end applications and back-end services to support critical business functions delivering CMMS capabilities.
- Deliver platforms and tools that accelerate application building and provide consistent user interactions across a variety of applications
- Provide mentorship for other software engineers and influence design patterns and coding practices.
- Partner with user interface designers and program managers to influence the direction and shape of product features.
- Engage with engineers and business partners to identify opportunities to accelerate business decision making.
- Release applications and services to production quickly while ensuring code quality and security.
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent field and experience.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals with strong testing, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of various design patterns and technologies that enable business problem-solving at scale.
- Strong communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering colleagues.
- Experience in React or Angular
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.