Environment Biome Artist - Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Turn 10 Studios, creators of the award-winning Forza franchise based in Redmond, WA, are looking for the right person to join our high-caliber team. At Turn 10 we make genre-leading racing games for Xbox and Windows that are known for consistent quality, innovation, and authenticity. Our vision is to grow Forza into the world’s leading brand for automotive entertainment. Come play a key role on our team and help us achieve this ambitious goal.
Critically acclaimed Forza franchise are seeking an Environment Artist with an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for creating stunning photorealistic environments, materials and props to join our team. In this role, you will use your talents to collaborate with our Environment Art team in the creation of large-scale environments and materials. You will help drive the quality set out by our Directors and Leads to meet the visual goals of the project.
- Create visually compelling content for environments in areas such as biomes and vegetation, materials and textures
- Create game ready physically based materials, textures and UV layouts
- Research and contribute to processes, workflows and production pipeline improvements
- Organize, create and maintain asset libraries for maximum visual impact and efficiency
- Document processes for creation
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners
- Review and provide feedback on outsourced content
- Troubleshoot and problem solve production challenges through collaboration and creative solutions
- Communicate updates and concerns to appropriate team members and managers
- Proactively research and stay up to date on new software, industry trends and processes
- Work well within the environment team and able to help educate and guide other team members
- 5+ years of industry experience building AAA quality biome and vegetation assets for video games or film.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA game title on consoles or PC (full-cycle)
- Relevant software proficiencies: 3DSMAX, SpeedTree, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Photoshop
- Portfolio demonstrating strong examples of photoreal vegetation, environments and assets
- Knowledge of natural scenery and composition
- Experience adapting easily to change and a excellent multi-tasker
- Experience working with external vendors
- Photogrammetry experience a plus
- Avid gamer who understands industry leading visuals and consumer expectations
- Passion for art, innovation, and technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.