Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Every company is looking to change how they use digital technology to fundamentally reimagine how they empower their employees, engage customers, optimize their operations and change the very core of their products and services. Microsoft is positioned to become the strategic digital transformation platform and partner of choice. Microsoft will reinvent productivity to empower every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. Microsoft is an active acquirer and has executed well over 100 acquisitions in the past 10 years, including Github, LinkedIn, Skype, Mojang (Minecraft) and most recently, Nuance.
Are you interested in being part of a highly motivated global portfolio team supporting a leased portfolio in one of the world’s largest technology companies in the World? Our work underpins Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation team growth and expansion into new markets and diverse customer requirements.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Portfolio Management, this role will provide portfolio administration and support, while working closely with a vendor staff to support the lease administration efforts. This role will focus on day to day operations for all administration related to our leased portfolio, supporting relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support our delivery model across all of our global data centers. The role of administrator involves a great deal of multitasking. You will work with teams, oversee the operations, manage groups, coordinate with management and engage in planning according to the needs of the team If there are office resource or administrative issues, you will be the person expected to deal with them.
- Management related to monthly and quarterly reporting associated with the global portfolio leases and programs
- Tracking of all administrative duties related to the global portfolio team, including all program and task completion being managed by the wider group
- Administration of project / program documentation as required by the Global Portfolio team
- Assists with the lease administrative and programmatic processes, ensuring that all processes are documented and shared with the wider group
- Manage and drive special projects as needed
- Work closely with finance, leasing experts, suppliers and other CO+I stakeholders as a trusted partners.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal clients, landlords and vendor staff
- Provides internal reporting and metrics to internal teams to enable the business to manage pipeline and business performance
- Develops and implements procedures and systems that continually improve and streamline the operation and management of Portfolio Administration
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in commercial lease administration for a real estate company
- Experience and competence utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
- Experience in Operational/CAM reconciliations, budget review and audit processes
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations
- An excellent ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build trust with colleagues
- Lease Administration
- 2+ years Administration Management experience
- Experience with datacenter lease management (or real estate)
- Experience with lease administration databases and reporting
- Office/Software experience
- Strong experience in Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate experience with OneNote and PowerPoint
- Intermediate skills in SP and Teams
- Well-spoken and strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.