Customer Success Manager, Modern Workplace
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Dallas, Texas, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
As a Modern Work Grow Specialist, you will be working with Direct Microsoft Customers across their Modern Work solutions, serving as their main point of contact to help realize their current solution’s value and drive incremental value through new Security and Teams focused solution selling. As you help customers continue to modernize their workplace, your key objective is to serve as a trusted advisor to our direct customers as they overcome adoption challenges with their current solutions and ensure they continue to invest in new Modern Work solutions.
The Digital Cloud Acquisition team drives growth for Microsoft by helping customers realize the value of the Microsoft Cloud. Powered by a world-class connected sales and marketing platform, this team leverages marketing insights to reach customers when and where they want to engage digitally to help solve their business problems. We’re powered by the latest innovations in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to engage with customers, collaborate across our global teams, and acquire and retain new business for Microsoft.
The reinvention of the workplace has been a staple for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of a Modern Work Grow Specialist is to help our customers understand the opportunity for transformation within their current solutions and drive incremental value with additional Security and Teams-focused solutions. You will help realize the value of their Modern Work investment, driving the customer sales cycle from start to finish, while also removing roadblocks as our customers modernize their workplace.
Plan & Execute as One Microsoft to Enable Customer Outcomes
- Drive New Paid Seat Adds for Modern Work Solutions, including M365, O365, EMS, and Teams Calling
- Mitigate customer churn by driving adoption of existing Modern Work investments.
- Enable Customer Success by navigating business and technical roadblocks surrounding workplace modernization.
- Engage with BDMs to identify and solve communication and collaboration gaps within their organization.
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience.
- Leverage social, digital, video, chat, phone, and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to, and manage Microsoft customers.
- Prepare insights to drive the right business solution outcomes.
Close Deals Through Effective Leadership
- Be the first contact point for many customers, deliver a strong first impression and set the foundation for long term customer relationships.
- Own Customer Sales Cycles end to end, leveraging appropriate resources to ensure customer satisfaction & deal success.
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine their needs and identify opportunities to fulfill their needs with Microsoft's leading cloud technologies.
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by filtering them through different criteria, e.g., BANT (budget, authority, need and timeline)
- Position competitive offerings and solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences; provide technical product overview and insights pertinent to customer need and usage scenarios.
- Navigate complex licensing scenarios and nuance to ensure customer value and success.
- Demonstrate verbally, in writing, and through live product demos how customers can capture value and envision their future with Microsoft’s technologies.
- Quarterback sales from lead to purchase; be the main point of contact for Microsoft's customers, leading the sales strategy, overcoming objections, and negotiating success.
- Own winning technical, business, and licensing decisions for Modern Work opportunities
Meet or Exceed Revenue Targets, Maintaining Sales Hygiene & Deal Excellence
- Executing discipline in lead management, opportunity qualification, opportunity management, pipeline hygiene, forecasting, and deal commitment
- Maintain a high level of customer engagement across both leads and opportunities.
- Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives.
- Deliver and Maintain Monthly and Quarterly Forecasts
- 6+ years sales and negotiation experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 3+ year(s) sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience.
- 7+ years sales and negotiation experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 1+ year(s) sales and negotiation experience or related work.
Capabilities & Skills Profile:
Modern Workplace Sales Driver
- Ability to: Purposefully Plan & Influence Stakeholders & Decision-Makers and Navigate Complex technical scenarios that relate back to business outcomes.
Skilled in: Sales Planning to meet revenue and customer adds targets, Relationship Building & Social Selling
- Ability to: Influence Business & Technical Decision Makers
Skilled in creating cases for customer change/adoption & translating value propositions & solutions into business outcomes.
Modern Workplace Sales Expert
- Ability to: Identify Modern Work Opportunities for seat expansion across Security Solutions, and be Modern Work Subject Matter Expert
Skilled in: Lead sales calls as well as communicating value propositions, facilitate technical demonstrations, executing defined sales motions with POCs and Workshops, and leveraging sales plays scenarios to meet customer needs.
Modern Workplace Deal Leader
- Ability to: Lead a deal team to ensure success, work in partnership across multiple virtual teams & meet or exceed revenue targets.
Skilled in Role Orchestration, Managing and Preventing Customer Churn, Sales Process (0-100% lifecycle), Negotiation, Up-Sell Techniques, Sales Hygiene & Deal Excellence (Lead Management, Opportunity Qualification, Close Planning, Pipeline Hygiene & Forecasting)
Additional Skills & Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Technology and Modern Selling Techniques
- A self-starter with a track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrable sales hygiene & deal excellence discipline, using sales methods, processes, and tools.
- Capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual products and business solutions quickly and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a competitive environment where growth potential is driven by one’s abilities and attitude.
- Solid time management skills with an ability to work independently with a high level of integrity.
- Leading, partnering, and orchestrating with virtual teams of experts.
- Ability to breakdown complex information with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast based environment.
Preferred Technical Certification
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (MS-900)
- Security & Compliance Fundamentals (SC-900)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.