Principal PM Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Charleston, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, Chicago, Illinois, Cleveland, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Danbury, Connecticut, Des Moines, Iowa, Fargo, North Dakota, Honolulu, Hawaii, Kansas City, Missouri, Las Vegas, Nevada, Los Angeles, California, Madison, Wisconsin, Manchester, New Hampshire, Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Newark, Delaware, Omaha, Nebraska, Orlando, Florida, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Providence, Rhode Island, Raleigh, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, South Portland, Maine, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Washington, District of Columbia, Watertown, South Dakota
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about data, innovation, and business strategy? Do you enjoy tackling hard problems in a creative environment? Do you want to have an impact on 100’s of millions of people? Are you looking for a culture that’s casual yet high energy; passionate and loyal to coworkers and your product? The Excel team is looking for an entrepreneurial leader to help drive adoption of Excel across all customer segments. This opportunity represents a great opportunity to manage a passionate group of program managers responsible for Excel’s product definition and evangelism.
We are looking for a creative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with excellent people management and motivational skills to join the PM leadership team. As you grow into the role, you will work with other PMs, engineers, designers, research, marketing, partners and customers to develop strategy, design, implement, and deliver on end-to-end scenarios in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Excel team is a special team at Microsoft. Excel is one of the most important products on the planet. The team is a proud and loyal group with a strong sense of team and purpose, and we pride ourselves on both the team’s abilities as well as a culture of optimism, willingness to experiment, and good old fashioned can-do.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving key components of Excel across all platforms (Windows; Web; Mac; iOS; Android)
- Drive and communicate the project plan, coordinating with partners across engineering, design, planning and marketing
- Build deep customer network to understand needs and issues, and ensure effectiveness of engineering investments.
- Manage, coach, and grow a team of 5-8 PMs with a broad range of experiences (entry level to Principal) and strengths (deep technically as well as great at creating delightful user experiences)
- 5+ years of experience defining and delivering collaborative end user software experiences used by a large customer base.
- 3+ years experience of managing teams of 5 of more people including growing Senior/Principal level talent.
- A proven track record of analytical thinking and teamwork, with experience working effectively across organizational boundaries in large companies.
- Exceptional communication skills including speaking effectively to executives as well as customers.
Come join the Excel family, where we are running a large-scale service used by 100’s millions of people around the globe.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.