Customer Success - Manager - Top Secret - CTJ
Location: Arlington, Virginia, Bethesda, Maryland, Irving, Texas, McLean, Virginia, Norfolk, Virginia, Reston, Virginia, San Jose, California, United States, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
As the Customer Success Account Manager- Manager (CSAM- M), you lead a high-performing team of seasoned Customer Success Account Managers (CSAM) that are well versed in cloud adoption, program delivery management practices, and technology trends. This is an exciting role that will help fuel customer success through your leadership with business, customer, and team growth!
Key responsibilities include:
The CSAM-M is accountable for end-to-end service program delivery within an assigned portfolio of customers, representing Customer Success throughout all deal phases while demonstrating a critical partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
The CSAM-M serves as the primary leadership point of accountability and/or escalation for their portfolio of customers. This role has direct people management responsibility for Customer Success Account Managers and supervises the Customer Success and Support deliveries to customers by their team.
The CSAM-M is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, customer effective use of Microsoft’s cloud platforms, consumption, growth with fulfilling Support contractual obligations, and the governance of delivery for their portfolio of accounts led by their CSAMs.
Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate Customer Success Account Managers. Set a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive.
Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSAM role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration.
Coach and enable your team to accelerate cross cloud workload projects to production, including technical readiness, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration.
Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management, high-quality reporting and insights, and delivery portfolio health.
To be effective as a CSAM-M, you have leadership experience in building, coaching, developing, and retaining high performing teams to achieve business results, customer success and value realization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 8+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 6+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in technical sales, consultative or program delivery. Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects and support engagements required
- 6+ years of experience in people management and/or Lead. Previous revenue management and forecasting experience.
- Experience with driving change management or technical adoption
- Experience in a Program Manager or Engagement Manager position focused on Cloud and software/services solution
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved cross cloud scenarios and workloads required
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 10+ of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 8+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership through prior technical, consultative or program delivery coaching/leadership roles
- PMP or other project management certification preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Top Secret Clearance:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 and $222,000. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.