Sales Operations Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Strategic Missions and Technologies division focuses on next-generation technology solutions, including specialized teams empowering telecommunications providers; engineering teams who are helping to carry out challenging missions and connecting the cloud to satellites in space; worldwide research teams leading the way to scalable, accessible quantum computing; and the key technology partner to the U.S. Federal government for achieving their diverse organizations’ missions through digital transformation.
The SMT Growth Innovation and Strategy team is responsible for delivering inspirational experiences and visionary thought leadership, high value scenarios and programs that will lead to new business categories and revenue streams for Microsoft.
We: The Business operations team within SMT Growth Innovation and Strategy is chartered with providing best in class customer experiences, growth strategies, and revenue acceleration through cutting edge sales and marketing operations, demand generation, data insights, and scalable tools. The Sales Operations lead, part of Sales operations team, has a charter to empower our sellers to overall success of SMT by driving sales discipline and improving productivity to reach maximum business impact.
The Sales Operations Manager is expected to raise sales efficiency, sales productivity, and process compliance by means of consulting with the sales teams and implementing best practice sales operations processes. They partner with growth strategy leadership, field sales excellence, sales leaders, and business stakeholders to:
- Drive the SMT sales planning process for the fiscal year to maximize performance.
- Lead the rhythm of business (ROB) plan and execution for Telco, Quantum, space and Federal businesses with SMT executives and leadership teams to ensure participants are communicating and responding according to necessary cadence.
- Drive business discipline and enable new habits to help business teams achieve targets.
- Provide high-quality, backend support (tools, processes, information) coupled with timely data-driven insights.
- Lead standardization of processes and tools and drive continuous improvement to optimize productivity.
- Contribute to the performance across SMT outcomes
- Regarded by stakeholders as an expert in driving execution, growth, and deep insights
- Improve sales discipline and coaching culture via operational excellence
- Drive process for fiscal-year, business operations planning
- Complete, land and ensure quality targets
- Collaborate with local and corporate stakeholders to align and refine planning and execution steps
- Drive high-quality sales programs and execution support (tools, processes, information)
- Regularly review and monitor performance against plan to refine course of action
- Provide data-driven insights about sales execution, based on standard reporting, to help address performance blockers
- Lead standardization of processes and tools across Area to enhance sales productivity
- Drive continuous improvements in reporting and BI
- Drive adoption and deliver standard Corp & Segment reporting
- Land new seller capabilities to support new habits that drive consumption and customer adds
In general, this role spends about 25% of the time in reporting and business insights, 65% of the time in driving business planning, sales process enablement and execution, and 10% in learning and development
- 3-5 years related experience
- Experience and deep knowledge within Sales Operations, Business Planning, Sales Excellence and/or Finance
- History of driving rigor and sales discipline
- Deliver end-to-end data analysis and actionable strategic insights
- Understanding of key sales management metrics for process (coverage, velocity, close rate, etc.) and outcomes (scorecard metrics, etc.)
- Focus on providing process optimization by understanding the desired business outcome
- Innovate to deliver standards which enable speed, efficiency, and scale in the business
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Familiar with financials, pipeline, scorecards, and other internal measurement tools
- Functional (Partner, Services, Sales, Marketing) knowledge
- Executive exposure and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Technology industry experience
- Change management experience
- People and organizational leadership
- Process improvement and quality management experience (Six Sigma, etc.)
Occasional travel may be required
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship (replace with that of any other country) to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,200 and $178,800.
"At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role"
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.