Sr Director Cloud Solution Architecture
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Join one of the fastest growing businesses in one of the world’s largest companies and be responsible for the technical success of global enterprises that run on Dynamics 365. We are a fast-growing team of experienced, customer-facing Dynamics 365 Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Supply Chain and/or Finance focused architects and we’re looking to add more leaders to our team. With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
As a Sr. Director of Cloud Solution Architecture (CSA) in the worldwide Customer Success organization, you will lead a regionally focused team of people who enable our customers to realize value from their Business Applications (Biz Apps) solutions and Unified Support investments. Leveraging your technical and functional Biz Apps expertise, you will coach the team to lead conversations with key Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and Technical Decision Makers (TDMs), accelerate deployments, drive usage of existing workloads, and identify expansion opportunities to support sales growth. As a hands-on manager, you will lead by example through direct involvement with customers. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your leadership skills, and deepening your Cloud expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- People Leadership
- Modeling: Live Microsoft’s culture, values and leadership principles every day. Lead by example via direct customer engagements and a “showing by doing” mindset.
- Coaching: Coach your team on a daily basis on how to accelerate deployments, drive usage, and achieve customer outcomes. Hold team and individuals accountable for results.
- Caring: Support and enable professional development planning and execution for your team members. Create an inclusive, engaging, and motivating work environment.
- Driving Consumption: Manage the consumption of Biz Apps solutions and Support contracts to achieve business goals. Coach your team to develop opportunities to expand and accelerate consumption. Enable your team to collaborate with internal Microsoft stakeholders and external partners to seamlessly drive customer outcomes.
- Customer Centricity: Lead your team to become trusted advisors to customers and partners by anticipating trends (e.g. industry, technology) and support them in developing impactful relationships. Ensure team members provide feedback and insights from customers back to the relevant Microsoft teams to enable continuous improvement. Actively listen and act as a catalyst to create and sustain constructive tension and trust with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders by respectfully challenging their decisions and/or areas where they might do more. Build on your network and industry experience to connect customers/partners with ideas, people, and resources to support their success.
- Business Impact: Drive adherence to Microsoft standards and recommended practices by setting expectations for the team around methodology and governance to ensure they identify, communicate, and minimize business and technical risks. Lead your team to apply business and technical capabilities and integrate insights across complex customers/partners to resolve blockers and proactively create workaround strategies to circumvent complex or escalated issues. Identify widespread or global patterns in blockers and develop strategies to resolve and prevent them in the future. Manage the business (e.g., scorecards, forecasting) by delivering against team targets, achieving business metrics, and ensuring the team delivers on Microsoft's Customer Promise. Drive awareness of customer/partner challenges, industry trends, and competitor architectures across all levels of the organization to allow team members to engage with customers/partners, demonstrate Microsoft's value, and develop counter strategy.
- Technical Leadership: Foster a continuous technical self-learning culture and community sharing of stories by encouraging and empowering the team to share learnings, and by establishing a cadence to calibrate on challenges and trends that impact across teams. Engage as a technical advisor and business advocate toward the improvement of the Business Applications solution area. Provide thought leadership by sharing deep business insight and driving critical decisions that impact Microsoft and the industry. Model how to engage constructively and transparently with the technical and/or business community locally and globally.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Liberal Arts or similar, or equalivant work experience
- 10+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years people management experience, including managing consultant practice managers, technical sales managers, technical architect managers, and/or people managers.
- Functional experience and/or technical certifications in one or more of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Cloud apps
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Liberal Arts, or similar, or equalivant work experience AND 15+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting OR
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Liberal Arts, or similar, or equalivant work experience AND 12+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 8+ years experience leading technical projects, teams, or functions.
- 8+ years people management experience, including managing consultant practice managers, technical sales managers, technical architect managers, and/or people managers.
Professional & Technical Qualifications:
- Experience in attracting, developing, and retaining a talented team
- Deep understanding of cloud customer engagement
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with senior level executives from large, global organizations
- Experience successfully collaborating and managing by influence
- Fluency in SaaS solutions from Microsoft or its key competitors
- Cultural awareness and appreciation for diversity
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $177,800 and $266,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.