Principal Software Engineering Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Passionate about cutting edge Web technologies? Eager to learn and apply data analysis and machine learning in daily work? Excited about shipping features which have huge customer reach and can impact millions of users? We have one of the most challenging problems to solve and one that has as direct, measurable, and important a business impact as can be.
Microsoft 365 team is hiring a motivated Software Development Engineering Manager. Our team is responsible for customer facing self-help and online support experiences, for Microsoft 365 commercial users and consumer users. We are building game changing features which will go into every single Microsoft 365 product to enable our customers to get personalized and relevant answers/insights regarding their questions about products, and seamlessly connect them with our support engineers when needed.
We are heavily invested in modern web development, experimentations, and machine learning. In our team, you can lead and contribute to a broad set of features, from modern web technology, backend scalable API design, large scale data analysis, experimentation, to machine learning. Our open, friendly, and agile team culture will ensure you can learn and grow fast.
You will work with the engineers in the team to build the end-to-end customer facing experience that includes:
- Lead and coach a growing team of software engineers by providing technical guidance, hands-on assistance and best practices.
- Drive clarity, strategy, vision and architecture.
- Collaborate with PM and partner team in building and improving the customer facing support experience and achieve team wide commitment.
- Defining and ensuring engineering quality.
- Experimenting and prototyping new technologies and frameworks that simplifies tech stack.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains engineers.
- Deliver team success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in computer science or related areas
- 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and debugging engineering solutions
- Strong coding and development skills with experience in C# or C++
- 3+ years of tech lead or similar technical management experience.
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-group collaboration, communication skills and growth mindset.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.