Director Global Partner Enablement Field, Events & Skilling Initiatives
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization to achieve more. Our CEO’s partner-first vision for Microsoft puts the partner at the core of Microsoft’s strategic growth plan. A key contributor to partner growth and success, the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) Enablement Team collaborates across marketing, product, engineering, and learning to drive Microsoft mindshare and build end-to-end technical and sales capacity and capability within the partner ecosystem.
The GPS Enablement team engages across Microsoft’s Azure, Business Applications, Modern Work, and the Security, Compliance and Identity business groups as well as Worldwide Learning to deliver depth partner capability and capacity through scale and custom global skilling plans designed to meet joint business goals.
This role puts you at the heart of Microsoft’s investment in partner skilling, within one of the world’s largest companies, which drove more than $130 billion+ in revenue last year during several of the biggest disruptions the technology industry has ever seen.
As the Director of Field, Events and Skilling Initiatives for partner enablement, you will be responsible to lead a team that creates strategy and executes across the corporate and A-15 Partner Enablement Field that builds partner capacity and capability worldwide. You will be responsible to land global training events for partners, ensure success of worldwide skilling and talent development programs, and support partner enablement communities while maintaining strong stakeholder relationships. Success in this role requires a strong leadership capability, the ability to manage a team spread across multiple time zones, and a passion for creating training initiatives across Microsoft’s solution areas.
- Support the Global Partner Enablement Training Event Strategy including partner Cloud Weeks, Cloud Launch, the Enterprise Skilling Initiative for Partners, partner talent acquisition programs, as well as landing the program design and execution for the new Microsoft Cloud Partner Program (MCPP) specific to driving skilling goals
- Have experience in developing learning journey’s that drive both skilling capacity and capability
- Lead a high-performance team that executes training conferences, lands key skilling initiatives with the Microsoft Field and guides the partner enablement community
- Drive strategy and lead execution to support Field-driven Partner Enablement activities
- Actively contribute to leadership decisions, manager communities and establishing a inclusive culture of collaboration, success and teamwork
- Help ensure enablement programs and event operations support driving GSI targets and outcomes
- Collaborate with GSI ELs to land GSI specific plans with the Field and support driving cross-collaboration between local teams and Global GSI enablement planning and execution
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships with Worldwide Learning, the GPE Field enablement leaders, Microsoft Service Center (MSC), GPS GTM, and various training and readiness teams across Microsoft
- Compliantly manage a multi-million-dollar budget at a high fidelity, including external resource/vendor management
- Consistently hitting deadlines, always looking for operational efficiencies, delivering consistent business updates to leadership teams and innovating to drive efficiencies wherever possible
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, engineering or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
- 3+ years people management experience.
The base salary for this role in the STATE OF COLORADO is between USD $148,000 - 222,000
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among other
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.