Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product, to the next level. Teams’ mission is to connect people, improve communication, facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures while creating a developer ecosystem (MetaOS). We are looking for an accomplished and motivated product leader to manage the team which is tasked to define and deliver how we evolve our engineering systems infrastructure, institute new organization wide processes and SDL transitions. As Teams product usage grows and we support more and more customers, you have a unique and rare opportunity to innovate in how our engineering systems meet our growing product’s needs at scale. The impact of this role is not limited to just the Team’s Organization but also to one Engineering Systems and external developers who are building on top of the Teams applications.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Technical Program Managers to define partner and engineering team requirements to develop the engineering systems plans to support and manage them. The role is a mix of team leader, business analysis, product thinking, technical depth, operational excellence, and cross team / organization collaboration. It is a high value role that is both creative and technical with the opportunity to help redefine how Teams safely builds and releases web and desktop clients with predictability.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We are in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate, and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful, and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We are also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
- Drive vision towards the overall Teams Engineering systems strategy and roadmap by manage projects across Tech Program Manager, Engineering, and business partners to define an actionable roadmap with clear milestones and OKRs that allow us to track and communicate progress with consistency and clarity across our portfolio.
- Function as a change agent and drive evaluation and recommendations for fundamentally changing our processes, optimizing it for SDL and establishing accountability for a durable rhythm of business in planning/execution.
- Execute stakeholder communication framework that provides clarity and accountability across quarterly backlog to a wide audience of leaders, stakeholders, and internal development teams.
- Lead a team of Technical Program Managers and Release Managers that identify opportunities across our customer and solution landscape through deep understanding of our stakeholders’ priorities across Engineering Systems and Azure DevOps ecosystem.
- Develop Planning Rhythm frameworks and make iterative improvements over time needed to deliver against org-wide Shared Investments and other team level commitments with confidence
- Implement and monitor agile processes to manage and prioritize scope, timelines, and budget. You will represent your team in leadership forums where we collectively manage delivery and manage risk
- Attract and retain top industry talent for the organization. Evolve the team in concert with business needs and impact opportunities
- 10+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager, Product Manager or Software Engineer Leader of end-user facing and/or engineering systems and infrastructure products and services.
- 4+ years of experience managing talent and developing strong TPM teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience developing, managing, and maintaining a 12–18+ month product roadmap for internal customers
- Agile Program Management
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Visioning
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.