Business Program Management: Full-time Opportunities for University Graduates, CTJ
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Learn more about our cultural attributes
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
As a Business Program Manager, you will be working with a variety of stakeholders from across the company to craft, analyze, orchestrate, and improve various programs and processes at the strategic level. Performs non-technical project completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery. Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.
- Assists others in performing program landscape research and analysis (e.g., internal and/or external market, sales, delivery), forecasting, and examining business trends (e.g., customer feedback and expectations) to identify audience size and program scope, stay current, agile, and competitive.
- Helps improve operations of existing programs by helping apply industry methodology, define program issues, assess various scenarios, and select the optimal scenario to resolve issues.
- With oversight from others, contributes to the direction and strategy from leadership regarding business area of expertise in order to help execute plans that shift current priorities to new organizational initiatives and objectives, and influences others to change behavior accordingly.
- Learns to define vision and strategy for change, broad and specific impact, and the flow of communication to the organization.
- Learns how to define and track the success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]), such as quality, adoption, usage, impact, and effectiveness for the program.
- Assists others working with cross-functional (e.g., organizational, product, business) stakeholders (e.g., Engineering) to design programs from initiation to delivery.
Must Have: Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have a minimum Active Top Secret (TS) clearance and be willing and eligible to up-level to TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly (FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Finance, or related field.
- Formal training in project and process management, financial accounting, business strategy and/or operations.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners and customers.
- Ability to understand business metrics, customer and market trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is from $86,200 to $110,600 (59-60).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.