Digital Natives Business Strategy Director
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Digital Natives Business Strategy Director
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission and it is the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft. The Independent Software Vendor (ISV) ecosystem team embodies a culture of growth and collaboration, making it a place where teams are challenged, learn, excel, and can do their best work.
By 2025, Digital Native (DN) companies will have a $125B+ addressable market; these customers and partners require a different engagement approach than our typical Enterprise and Small/Medium/Corporate accounts—it requires streamlined sales, account, and technical enablement processes and resources. In addition to a streamlined engagement flow, Digital Natives expect technical depth across common scenarios and access to PG via a “level 300”, single named source.
The Digital Natives Business Strategy Director is a senior IC role that understands the DN landscape, including their business needs and their desired model of integrating with their chosen cloud providers. This role will take on a “starting at Hello” mentality to ensure this portfolio of customer has the right Day 1 experience—from how they come into sales channels and that “first mile” technical engagement, early solution forecasting and roadmap building, technical support planning and ensuring the right alignment to business and partner sales. Most critically, this role will strive to build trust in Microsoft’s platform, people, and processes end to end.
As the Digital Natives Business Strategy Director, you will be directly responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Digital Native Strategy manager, focusing on the MSFT Digital Native cloud journey. Core to this role is serving as a liaise across sales, partner, engineering, and support organizations to ensure DN customers have access to the right “mix” of technical and business resources and programs for both pre-deployment and post-deployment solution delivery. The role will scale through others to develop and deliver a set of lean, high-value, high-Impact customer engagement models that reduce redundancy and complexity in the Microsoft engagement model.
This also includes a firm understanding of business drivers (B2C, B2B/B2B2C) to ensure we are delivering world-class solutions into market support partner business growth through the Microsoft Partner and Co-Sell programs. This role requires a balance of leadership and influence skills, integration with strategic project management, and execution to directly ensure the customers in the DN portfolio land and thrive on Microsoft.
Cross-Org Design of the MSFT Digital Native Experience: Support the development and execution of customer and partner engagement models across proactive and reactive technical enablement and GTM resources and programs.
- Works across DN Sales, Strategy, Engineering, and Technical Support to design and execute the optimal DN experience across pre-deployment and post-deployment customer journeys.
- Supports multiple Sales Strategy projects/programs and teams across organizational boundaries with a focus on solution design and delivery
- Acts as a senior advisor to senior leadership as a domain expert within Microsoft, leveraging experience working with Business Development, Partner, Engineering and Technical support organizations providing subject matter expertise to support strategic sales planning decisions.
- Leverage domain expertise in partnership with other subject matter experts to lead efforts to drive creative and innovative solutions and processes for diverse partners and customers to drive substantial business impact, and improve optimizations of programmatic, sales and technical workflows broadly.
- Through strategy and a sound experience model, enable field sales teams to drive business and technical outcomes, providing value to our customers throughout their journey in a customer centric manner.
- Communicates with field sales on business updates and plans within all geographic regions and territories.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, with a focus on open source
- Understanding of Startups and Digital Natives, their business drivers, and emerging trends as well as the impact of these on ISV and SI partners and their customers.
- Demonstrated experience and success engaging with senior executives (CVP level and above)
- Ability to work in an abstract, cross-organizational boundary and cross-discipline manner
- Ability to lead across a multi-disciplinary virtual team
The salary range for this role in THE STATE OF COLORADO is between $14800 - $222,000
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.