Principal Program Manager – DirectX Graphics
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your passion for graphics and gaming into a career?
The Microsoft DirectX team has an opportunity for an experienced program manager to drive strategic development of the cutting-edge graphics technologies that power next-generation gaming experiences on PC and Xbox.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly technical environment, and when partnering closely with game developers and GPU vendors to design innovative solutions for hard developer problems.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for graphics, compilers, or machine learning and have a track record of blending multiple advanced technologies to create and deliver product innovation that delights customers. In addition, due to the visibility of this role, the candidate should have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all organizational levels.
Both remote work and on-site candidates will be considered.
- Develop and drive product strategy for DirectX, collaborating closely with internal and external engineering teams.
- Translate strategy into actionable engineering programs and projects that deliver clear incremental value to developers, and provide the project management support necessary to ensure successful outcomes.
- Play a central role with delivering the design and documentation of new features, including design specifications, language specifications, and developer documentation.
- Communicate strategy and development progress in status reports, blog posts and at developer conferences.
- Become a key point of contact for the DirectX team for GPU vendors and game developers.
- BS or MS in EE or Computer Science or closely related field.
- 8+ years of experience with Program Management, Product Management, or Technical Management in a highly technical field.
- 5+ years of experience synthesizing and communicating solutions to complex technical problems.
- 5+ years of experience managing requirements and alignment across business and engineering teams.
- Strong technical proficiency and a demonstrated ability to go deep in technical areas as required.
- Great project management and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of graphics rendering techniques.
- Experience with Windows graphics APIs, hardware organization, and/or middleware.
- A good understanding of how GPU hardware works.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.