Director, Connected Sales & Marketing Data Strategy
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) delivers integrated marketing experiences for Microsoft by building, running, and innovating a globally scaled engine to deliver connected customer journeys that delight customers, create fans, drive business outcomes and insight. The GDC supports 1,000s of marketers, tens of thousands of sellers, generates or influences billions in revenue, operates in 40+ languages, and executes 10,000 digital and in person events a year.
We are looking for an experienced director to lead the Connected Sales & Marketing (CS&M) Data team and establish a strong data strategy and foundation to accelerate business results for our Account Based Marketing (ABM), partner lead referral, paid acquisition, and sales enablement motions.
This role will be responsible for looking end-to-end across our data ecosystem, enabling new capabilities and ensuring ongoing operational health. This leader directs a team of dedicated Data Program Managers to define, build and optimize the connected sales and marketing data portfolio, acting as a central program management function that orchestrates across multiple teams, including engineering, marketing operations and business strategy.
Marketing Data Strategy, Analysis & Management
- Gain deep understanding of Microsoft’s sales and marketing business programs, objectives, and related operational process and data needs in depth.
- Translate business needs to a data roadmap and work with business stakeholders to define and prioritize business requirements. Analyze relevant data to assist in defining business requirements and prioritizing features with the highest impact.
- Enable Connected Sales and Marketing capabilities within Microsoft’s Customer Data Platform (CDP) which support more effective targeting and personalization of marketing tactics and in depth insights which enable sales to take meaningful action.
- Enable data infrastructure for ML operations, ensuring consistent data pipelines to ML models training and production.
- Enable data services for lead to account matching and lead or account enrichment which are foundational to enabling AI, reporting, sales insights, marketing execution, etc.
- Enable a framework, operating model and reporting for monitoring data quality related to Connected Sales and Marketing motions
- Manage and develop a team of data program managers to drive the project management, execution, and optimization of the data roadmap and backlog.
- Oversee development and execution of project communications and deployment plans within scope, timeline, and budget, socializing with relevant communities.
- Partner with platform engineering, data engineering and marketing operations teams to resolve issues, document requirements, prioritize backlogs and deliver new capabilities relative to the Connected Sales and Marketing program dependencies.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Stakeholder Experience, Management, and Engagement
- Act as a subject matter expert of our connected sales and marketing data strategy, understanding how data translates in to marketing and sales execution.
- Build positive stakeholder relationships with marketing technology and operations, engineering, and business strategy teams.
- Represent Connected Sales and Marketing priorities to data and engineering stakeholders and in relevant data governance forums.
- Run forums to review data platform health or operational issues and drive resolution.
- Prepare and deliver executive updates about the status of projects as a part of an ongoing business performance reviews.
- Drive improved stakeholder experiences via new business/requirement intake capabilities, training and readiness portals, and user feedback and community mechanisms.
- Bachelor's Degree AND 10+ years’ experience in product/service/project/program management or software development OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years people management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree AND 12+ years of experience in product/service/project/program management or software development
- OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of people management experience
For Colorado based residents, the salary range for this role is from $172,668- $197,333. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.