Principal Technical Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Today Cybercrime is an unfortunate reality of the world. Common examples include brute force attempts to guess passwords, denial of service attacks, proliferation of malware, etc. The opportunity exists to minimize these incidents by exposing software vulnerabilities early and managing their resolution before they are under attack.
Do you want to help protect customers, communities, and Microsoft from threats to security and privacy?
If so, read on!
We are a diverse, clarity-and-impact driven group looking for a technical program manager to drive the development, delivery, support, and maintenance of systems and pipelines to enable and enhance vulnerability management. The candidate will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of developers, security experts and network engineers. Within Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) we are working toward a common vision to be the global leader in delivering timely protection for customers, communities, and Microsoft from emerging and future threats. Join us.
- Role model a fantastic team culture – a place where people want to work
- Regularly meet with stakeholders, partners, and customers to define feature vision and strategy
- Effectively evangelize and communicate those visions/strategies to stakeholders building excitement and buy-in on desired outcomes
- Ensure we have the right processes to deliver high quality software solutions to drive high customer satisfaction
- Help drive predictable and productive engineering sprints and release in partnership with the Engineering team
- Continue to monitor customer feedback and service telemetry to improve the software
- 5+ years of professional experience in driving and delivering end-to-end software solutions.
- 5+ years PM/TPM experience working on or with software development teams.
- Ability to drive vision, strategy, planning, prioritization, and execution.
- Outstanding storytelling and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good project managements skills for large scale engineering systems.
- Demonstrated success connecting with customers/stakeholders, identifying insights, designing, and delivering features to address customer needs.
- A proven track record of partnering with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to independently handle complex assignments.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.